OE quality carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for replacement carpets (not floor mats). Which aftermarket carpets are OE quality and fit? Its been a few years since this question was posted and I'm interested updated information.

Nooj

Reaction score
I ordered the ACC (Auto Custom Carpet) off of RockAuto for my 02 Suburban. I’m still working on the installation… It’s pre-formed, has the mass backing and carpet padding attached. Unfortunately, it got misshapen and some creases from being jammed in a shipping box.
Some of the preformed areas do not match up, specifically the slight humps under the second row seats. There’s no extra on the sides- so you definitely have to make sure it’s centered well.
I have a Jiffy j-4000 steamer that I’ve tried to use to help get the creases out and get it to form fit to the floor, but I haven’t had much luck….
I may end up having to use glue to make it really conform to the contours and stay that way.

If I get a nice sunny day this weekend I’ll lay it out in the sun for a few hours then get after it with the steamer and see if it does any better.

I don’t think this carpet is as nice as the factory carpet. However, I didn’t get the “top of the line” carpet they offered, which should be thicker like the original. It’s going to look a heck of a lot nicer than the trashed carpet that was in there, though.

Nooj

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish you were here in TX. You could have put it out any days this week -- we're having multiple days of 100+ degree temperatures.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure any automotive carpet you purchase it is recommended that you lay it in the sun before install.

Nooj

Reaction score
I laid it in the 90ish* sun for a a few hours while I put the Silas mat down, but it didn’t help much…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahidblack