Obd2 port no connection s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nkash10291

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Obd2 cant get inspected

Hey guy i bought a 2001 tahoe 5.3 and for sum reason my fuel gage my coolant temp and the gear indicator marker only come on when break pedal is tapped and also i went to get a sticker... Cig lighter works all thatt good stuff but wont link up .. I dont know i also have a flashing security light .. It came with a old school electric start and me and my friend pulled it out still nothing is it possible that the car starter back fed into ecu and fried something i so lost and confused lol some one please help any tips help or comment would be greatly approciated thanks guy lets get this fixed please lol

OP
OP
N

Nkash10291

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry guys new and dont know where to post lol

Obd2 cant get inspected
Hey guy i bought a 2001 tahoe 5.3 and for sum reason my fuel gage my coolant temp and the gear indicator marker only come on when break pedal is tapped and also i went to get a sticker... Cig lighter works all thatt good stuff but wont link up .. I dont know i also have a flashing security light .. It came with a old school electric start and me and my friend pulled it out still nothing is it possible that the car starter back fed into ecu and fried something i so lost and confused lol some one please help any tips help or comment would be greatly approciated thanks guy lets get this fixed please lol

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Sounds like it was super ghetto rigged.... Imo might be easier to give to a shop that can put a junkyard harness on and fix all the issues. Too much headache for you

OP
OP
N

Nkash10291

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea i have no idea whats going on i just hope it doesnt cost a arm and a leg

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the same issue with a 2000 silverado with an aftermarket alarm system...that thing was wired horribly. A mechanic was able to fix the wiring issues, but i would be it is because of some bad wiring, specifically a non-grounded/exposed wire (that was the issue on this truck)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo