O2 Sensor Part Numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alberta Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A scan of the fault codes indicates an O2 sensor has failed.
I've gone through the list of my on-line parts supplier however they aren't entirely clear. All part numbers are associated with upstream and downstream sensors.
So far I've come up with: 15730, 15284.
Does anyone have a list for the Bosch part numbers needed?
For the record, I have a 2003 Tahoe w/5.3L.
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
A

Alberta Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what I am seeing it looks like they are all the same upstream or downstream
check this link to rockauto
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...44,exhaust+&+emission,oxygen+(o2)+sensor,5132

Good old Rock Auto. While it isn't economical for me (as a Canadian) to use them, they do have a pretty thorough website. I'll be sure to take a look.

I forgot about Amazon as well.
I'll look into that too.

Seems that from all indications, the upstream and downstream parts are the same. It's the different part numbers that are confusing. I have a minimum of 4 choices from one manufacturer alone (Bosch).

Thanks for the replies.

OP
OP
A

Alberta Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had the chance to look anything more up on-line but my guess is it's the connector at the sensor that's the difference one way or the other. That would explain the PN differences. Upstream or downstream similarities notwithstanding.
My only real reason for checking it out this way is that I intend to order the sensors on-line and returns are a PITA.
Thanks again.

OP
OP
A

Alberta Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after trying that: GM lists one and only one sensor for all available positions. 12587785
Good.
Cross referencing that with Rock Auto gets 4 manufacturers, with one that lists two different PNs.
Not good.
Going to my on-line distributor (Wrench Monkey.com for any of you Canadians out there), I get the same thing.
Also not good.
At least this has narrowed it down to one of possibly two PNs (from Denso). 2344668 and 2344407.
So, the only solution will be to physically examine the existing sensors on the truck (the connectors specifically) and go from there.
Thanks for all of the input everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401