Norcal SS's $15 07+ nnbs strut mod 0-2 inches!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This pretty much does the same thing the mcgaughy strut relocators do and save 100 dollars for mu customers.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no problem saved peopel over 100 for shipping thats all that matters to me.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have not dropped my front.

Need to stop being lazy.

Heck even Serge is ballin now.

m9808

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am going to do the strut mod to my 07 Denali. I have the struts off the truck, but I am not sure how to get them apart with out damaging the electronics on my autoride struts.

There is A tall 18mm nut on top of the strut that the wire harness plugs into, and then another nut under that. How do you get the nuts off without the shaft turning? I read it will ruin the strut if the shaft turns.

Thanks for any help.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I made my own tool been using it for past 6 plus years ill snap a pic of it.

m9808

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I made my own tool been using it for past 6 plus years ill snap a pic of it.

That would help a lot, thanks. Im trying to get these apart tonight so I can machine them at work tomorrow. working to get the truck back together so I can decide on wheels and tire size once I have the stance set.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Im loading my car up on the trailer street races start in a hour. ill be back prob 3am ill snap a pic then.

m9808

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im loading my car up on the trailer street races start in a hour. ill be back prob 3am ill snap a pic then.

Thanks, I got it done. My little strut tool was too small for the Denali springs, so I ran the struts by a front end shop a couple of blocks from my machine shop this morning. They were able to get them broke down for me.

I put my new snap ring groove .675 below stock. That should give me about 1 to 1 1/4 drop ?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.62 is about 1 inch. so id do 3/4 of a inch lower and also if pass side was higher id machine that ring lower

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeguy