No start/No Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captynrj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

Did some search on google and this site but it's kinda hard to search for terms I'm not familiar with.

Few days ago my escalade (2005 esv) had absolutely no power - couldn't remote lock/unlock doors, engine wouldnt turn over, no door chimes/lights etc...

It happens a few times now..but it is sporadic.

I popped the hood, took a look at the battery - made sure it had no corrosion. I followed the cabling to this plug/junction and made sure it was secure...as soon as I touched it the car sprung back to life

I have no idea what it is..can anyone help to identify and possibly remedy the cause?

Also - I'd create a separate thread but...how many spark plugs does the vortec 6000 take?

Thanks in advanced folks!
ATTACH]

IMG_20151218_142646_zpsowktk2p8.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20151218_142720_zps35dcvsp9.jpg
    IMG_20151218_142720_zps35dcvsp9.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 0

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I am going to say you have a bad connection on one of your battery cables. If you can clean them of have someone help you I think your problem will go away. The part you circled I haven't seen before, I just took one of these trucks apart and didn't see it. I don't think that has anything to do with what your no start proven tho.

Edit : is that on your ground wire?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a closer up pic of the module that you are circling in your pic so we can see the numbers on the sticker! I know for a fact i don't have that module so maybe it's an escalade item!

OP
OP
C

Captynrj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will do... I got a chance a bought a ratchet set.. Seems the negative terminal wasn't secure.. Was rather loose.. I tightened it and all seems well... But I'm still curious as to what the devil that contraption is!!!

OP
OP
C

Captynrj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's a pic with some information on it... I'm going to do some googling and see as well
7c98f41280a006f27f0c430612e263fe.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Captynrj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Aaaah sarvc.. GMs stand alone regulated voltage control

OP
OP
C

Captynrj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The ECM and/or BCM remain the brains of most charging systems, but there are standalone systems as well, notably GM's Stand Alone Regulated Voltage Control (SARVC). In either case, a small current monitor built into the battery terminal or placed around the cable provides information regarding current flow in or out of the battery. By adding up all the current flowing in and out of the battery, the ECM or a standalone module can determine any net gain or loss to SOC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz