No Refresh for 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DuraYuk

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
incorrect they're hiding inventory to keep prices high.. a lot of people around the US have been spotting new car lots storage areas to artificially keeping prices high.. it would be a huge financial mistake to buy one now...
Yeah that's not true. Not everything is a conspiracy. Some brands have tons of inventory and discounts (FCA 10% off msrp ), others don't have much inventory ( GM full size suv, toyota hybrids, etc). Carry on.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Refresh happens as demand drops. The full size SUV up until this point have been selling really well. No real incentive to refresh until it slows down.

I don't disagree. But demand for a particular make/model can drop because demand for a competitor's model has increased as well.

It also takes some decent lead time to execute a refresh - potentially 1-2 years even if you're not refreshing the powertrain. I don't necessarily think the cycle is, "Oh, demand for our product is dropping. Let's do a refresh that will hit the market in 2 years." Refreshes (mid cycle enhancements, etc.) should be part of a normal cycle.

incorrect they're hiding inventory to keep prices high.. a lot of people around the US have been spotting new car lots storage areas to artificially keeping prices high.. it would be a huge financial mistake to buy one now...

Yeah that's not true. Not everything is a conspiracy. Some brands have tons of inventory and discounts (FCA 10% off msrp ), others don't have much inventory ( GM full size suv, toyota hybrids, etc). Carry on.

I don't think they're intentionally hiding inventory. It's not like these are marquee or exotic vehicles. They are mass produced interchangeable vehicles. To purposely hide inventory for the sake of keeping prices high just gives your competitors an opportunity to get a better foothold in the segment.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said they got a 24 allocation this week, they filed the order form and my Yukon should be here mid November (assumes no strike!) Maybe GM does not formally accept them until then?
They start building the 2024 November 6. So probably December would be the earliest you’d see it.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this unfortunately confirms a thread on Facebook last week where some guys who worked at the Arlington plant mentioned this wasn’t going to happen. I didn’t want to post the rumor, but I guess this more or less confirms it.

MajorFatal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They start building the 2024 November 6. So probably December would be the earliest you’d see it. If there is no refresh do they have/shorten that seasonal shutdown to retool? Wonder if the decision is too get i

They start building the 2024 November 6. So probably December would be the earliest you’d see it.
Since there is no refresh this year do they even have/shorten the seasonal shutdown/retool? Wonder if the decision is related to the possible strike and wanting to move as much metal as possible as a hedge. Do they produce 23 MY until late October? Or can they just state this car forward (say 9/1) is a MY24 since they are not changing anything?

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@MajorFatal that start of production date could possibly move up for 2024…? everything I was going off of was from GM authority which they were wrong about a refresh until the other day so….let’s see

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’ve all seen the GMC and Chevrolet full size SUV spy shots with camo on the front and rear end hiding some sort of “refresh” facelift change to the model. It’s not a matter of if there will be a model refresh update but when.

To be honest; If GM has decided to push it out another model year I’m ok with it. Why rush it?

With all the threads in the 2021+ section of the various issues the OTA updates have caused, some models prematurely killing batteries, injector issues, and other miscellaneous issues. GM pushing out the refresh one more model year might just be a sign of them wanting to take some extra time and fix/correct some of the current model bugs?

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said they got a 24 allocation this week, they filed the order form and my Yukon should be here mid November (assumes no strike!) Maybe GM does not formally accept them until then?
Just so u know, I logged in to auto book which is the ordering site for dealerships and u can’t even build a 2024 yet. Still 2023.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmsteve-1