No more woodgrain--AND NOT PAINT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really good man! I actually contemplated that once.. Dont worry, that wont discolor. Real CF will discolor if the proper resin isnt used. And it most instances those are exterior pieces.. 3M di noc is good stuff and wont fade at all. Man, how did you pop off those pieces.. I tried for the life of me to get the a/c ones and the stereo ones off and had no luck! I only ended up getting to door ones off. Any advice?? Do you just need to pry harder. Crap looked like it was gonna break though:?

OP
OP
Sweet_N_Low

Sweet_N_Low

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really good man! I actually contemplated that once.. Dont worry, that wont discolor. Real CF will discolor if the proper resin isnt used. And it most instances those are exterior pieces.. 3M di noc is good stuff and wont fade at all. Man, how did you pop off those pieces.. I tried for the life of me to get the a/c ones and the stereo ones off and had no luck! I only ended up getting to door ones off. Any advice?? Do you just need to pry harder. Crap looked like it was gonna break though:?

When you get a little leverage look behind to where the clips are and try to get your hands as close to the clips as possible, give it a quick jerk, see if that works

Quikzilver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm hoping my 5% tint will help eliminate that. Did you use the high end 3M vinyl?

Yes, I did use the 3M vinyl. But 5% window tint should help you out. My SS is tinted in the rear only, so hopefully it will hold up better for you!! Again, looks really great!!

OP
OP
Sweet_N_Low

Sweet_N_Low

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the material called (please don't say carbon fiber lol) do I just search for 3m vinyl?

It is 3M di noc, it's all over eBay. 12x60 piece did everything I did with some extra and it was $31

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are the trim pieces held in? Is it just by tabs and you just "pry" them out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotwell69