Newly Acquired Family Vehicle: 2005 Yukon SLT w 20" GMC Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quest51210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome fellow Texan, I'm down the road from you in San Antonio...if you take 35, that will be a 4 hour trip haha

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, any plans for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DonM3Z

DonM3Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
quest51210,

Traffic in the Austin are is no joke. That time estimate seems appropriate at rush hour standstill traffic on 35 South. :D

95ecsahoe,

There are a few things I can think of right away:
  • Tint front windows: Try match rear, perhaps 35%. This is necessary in Texas.
  • Upgrade Foglights: One foglight is out. Might go OEM, but will consider aftermarket.
  • Front Driver Seat: Still serviceable, but in the next two years will upholster seat.
  • Differential cover: Upgrade to G2 Brute differential cover with dipstick or something similar.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Swap both diff fluids while you're at it.

20% is stock in Tom the rear of that body style. They went to 35 factory 07+

Definitely consider an upgraded halogen bulb like a silverstars or something, if you don't want led/hid.

Look on eBay they sell new seat bottom cover for $150-200 and you can put them on yourself

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF Betty!! Nice looking Yukon. Lots of great info and advice here on the TYF.

quest51210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're ever in SA I have an affordable tint guy, can also tint front windshield affordably. Also have an upholstery guy that replaces seat bottom for $110 and it's 4-6hrs. fog lights are cool, but a HID projector retrofit may be more your taste.

OP
OP
DonM3Z

DonM3Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you're ever in SA I have an affordable tint guy, can also tint front windshield affordably. Also have an upholstery guy that replaces seat bottom for $110 and it's 4-6hrs. fog lights are cool, but a HID projector retrofit may be more your taste.

Great! We go to San Antonio from time to time so I will definitely take you up on the tint and upholstery contact info. Could you please post or IM. It is most definitely appreciated.

Let the customization/improvement process begin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedude26