New wheels/tires and trim.

Is this a a good match?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Killroy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like it , almost like a factory option. Call it redline trim or something. only thing I would add is a matching red pinstripe outlining the grille like a vw golf gti

That is exactly what I was going for... OEM trim option look and hoped I didn't go overboard.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Killroy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Nobody noticed the fog lights I installed?

Plan to blackout the window chrome... anyone know where I can find "Dark Chrome" like you find on some wheels now a days?

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score

Plastidip for window trim.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Killroy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looks good. now black out all chrome, black lugnuts, and make the chrome around the bowties red.

Wow, I have to see how trimming the bow tie in red would look??? Interesting!

BluVelvet2xHo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since everyone is sharing opinions on this I will add mine. Likes: red bowties on wheels, chrome lug nuts, red pinstripe on doors, noticed the calipers right off & the limited amount of red works without being overpowering. Not sure of: red bordered bowties front & back - look at how wide that chrome is, would be a very wide red which wouldn't necessarily go with your other slim red lines already used. I believe the stock bowties have a slim flat around the edge of the raised center, consider pin striping or painting that area red to go with your other styling. Should do: gloss black vinyl wrap on window trim so it blends to the windows.

I don't advocate the complete Murdered Out look is because I just don't care for it - it's overused & just not enough contrast to the look.

Good look & continued success with your mods. BTW, a 3/4 drop would look great too.

OP
OP
K

Killroy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since everyone is sharing opinions on this I will add mine. Likes: red bowties on wheels, chrome lug nuts, red pinstripe on doors, noticed the calipers right off & the limited amount of red works without being overpowering. Not sure of: red bordered bowties front & back - look at how wide that chrome is, would be a very wide red which wouldn't necessarily go with your other slim red lines already used. I believe the stock bowties have a slim flat around the edge of the raised center, consider pin striping or painting that area red to go with your other styling. Should do: gloss black vinyl wrap on window trim so it blends to the windows.

I don't advocate the complete Murdered Out look is because I just don't care for it - it's overused & just not enough contrast to the look.

Good look & continued success with your mods. BTW, a 3/4 drop would look great too.

Thanks for the advice... I like the gloss vinyl wrap on the trim, a must do. I like the 3/4 drop too...best advice on how to do?

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see pictures again after you black out the trim and before you take away the red pinstripe (if indeed you do). There may just be one too many colors going on now, and removing the chrome would let the red do its job better.

Please post your cost and time-at-shop experience with the vinyl wrap on the trim. I plan to do that also in the spring and want to gather as much data as I can first.

OP
OP
K

Killroy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
W
I'd like to see pictures again after you black out the trim and before you take away the red pinstripe (if indeed you do). There may just be one too many colors going on now, and removing the chrome would let the red do its job better.

Please post your cost and time-at-shop experience with the vinyl wrap on the trim. I plan to do that also in the spring and want to gather as much data as I can first.

Wilco