New tires??? Nitro G2???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eidens13

Reaction score
Ok so it's time for some new tires. I currently have the Cooper Zeon LTZ 305/40R22's on ck375's. I love the look of the tire and how quiet it is on the road however the winter traction is not good at all. I have tried different psi and everything. Not sure if it's because of the width or what. They are just bad even with 4WD on. Looking for something similarly aggressive and a size that is close. Any suggestions? Looking at the Nitto Terra Grappler G2's in 305/45R22. Anyone have pics or reviews? Thanks in advance.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
G2s are a great tire and work well with snow as the tread design is very similar to snow tires. I run the Exo which are snow rated and can take metal studs. I also had a set of Zeon LTZs and had no issue with the snow in VA/WVA.

OP
OP
E

Eidens13

Reaction score
Yeah not sure why my Zeon's were so bad in the snow. Even in 4wd they slipped all over the place. had my 4wd system checked to make sure it was working they were so bad. Not sure if its cause they are 305's and it makes me float instead of dig in or what. What psi did you run on the Zeon's? Love the look and price of the coopers just don't wanna worry overtime I drive in the snow in NY.

jrabenaldt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the 305/50/20 G2's on stock wheels. These are great tires for everything I have put them through in the past 10 months (Ice, snow, muck or whatever). The only drawback that I found is that they are about 17 lbs. more each than the OEM's that they replaced so they are heavy. But since you're running 22's you're probably not a stranger to this.

I was talked out of the Zeon's based on most guys around here getting about 25K out of them and the winter reviews and the Zeons were what I really wanted.

RHStansbury

Reaction score
I've had my G2s for about 500 miles and have nothing but good things to say so far. The ride is smooth, road noise is minimal, and they felt solid as a rock as I was driving through a downpour last night.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
I've used both nitto terra grappler in 305/50/20 and cooper zeon ltz and they both were about equal IMO. If you want something good for winter get a softer rubber tire for that cold weather. But both those tires are decent all season tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667