New Seat Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a new seat cover on the drivers bottom seat. Ordered it from "The Seat Shop". Very pleased with the result, and how easy it actually was to do once I got the damn seat bottom OUT!!! It is not as difficult as I expected, after watching their video on YouTube. I think it turned out OK.
(This is not totally re-installed, just set in place... I still have seat motor and heater issues to fix....

output.jpg

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks much better than the normal torn side seats.
Did it come with all the wrinkles in it already? Figured it would have been flatter. But I don't deal much with sears so not sure if it comes that way.

Hopefully you get the heater and motor fixed. No fun having a seat that can't move if more than just you drives it.

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some wrinkles in the lighter part is in all 4 seats, I think that is supposed to be there, the rest are just gonna work themselves out I guess, still looks WAY better than it did... and better than I expected it would really... Yea, my bottom seat front does not move up and down, all the rest is fine. I swapped wires on them while it is apart and they both move a little but maybe 25% of what they should... but that tells me the actual motor is ok, I suspect a relay in the control module is bad? Dunno, I can hear the relay click, but no motor movement at all, swap it and they both move slightly...
Also, the heaters ohm out as OK... so I am wondering now if the seat control module also controls the seat heaters and I have multiple problems with the controller? Before I tore into it, if I pushed the seat heater button it would only light for a split second, and go out and not light up a second time til I waited a while... so maybe a controller overheat temp sensor problem? dunno.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a new seat cover on the drivers bottom seat. Ordered it from "The Seat Shop". Very pleased with the result, and how easy it actually was to do once I got the damn seat bottom OUT!!! It is not as difficult as I expected, after watching their video on YouTube. I think it turned out OK.
(This is not totally re-installed, just set in place... I still have seat motor and heater issues to fix....

View attachment 82481

Looks good that's for sure! My drivers seat is toast. I've been contemplating just getting nice fitted seat covers or just completely redoing my leather. It's currently tan and if I redo it I'm going with black and possibly a pattern something more like the NNBS.

Does anyone know if there are seat patterns online to refer to?

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good that's for sure! My drivers seat is toast. I've been contemplating just getting nice fitted seat covers or just completely redoing my leather. It's currently tan and if I redo it I'm going with black and possibly a pattern something more like the NNBS.

Does anyone know if there are seat patterns online to refer to?
No, and you cant/ shouldn't do that anyhow. For your specific seat you need to take into account foam damage/ shrinkage, etc. Closest is katzkin (as mentioned in your other thread).

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would email the seat shop and see if they can make ya a black one, probably cheaper by far....

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Some wrinkles in the lighter part is in all 4 seats, I think that is supposed to be there, the rest are just gonna work themselves out I guess, still looks WAY better than it did... and better than I expected it would really... Yea, my bottom seat front does not move up and down, all the rest is fine. I swapped wires on them while it is apart and they both move a little but maybe 25% of what they should... but that tells me the actual motor is ok, I suspect a relay in the control module is bad? Dunno, I can hear the relay click, but no motor movement at all, swap it and they both move slightly...
Also, the heaters ohm out as OK... so I am wondering now if the seat control module also controls the seat heaters and I have multiple problems with the controller? Before I tore into it, if I pushed the seat heater button it would only light for a split second, and go out and not light up a second time til I waited a while... so maybe a controller overheat temp sensor problem? dunno.
Their are a couple things to check on the seat heaters-i found my problem only when checking ohms and moving or pressing down on the heater then it went out of specs.

new rear camera 016.JPG new rear camera 029.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbokon