New issues please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zooyork

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I swear there is something that doesn’t want me to have my Tahoe…

Problems after problems

SKIP TO THE BOTTOM BOLD TO HELP WITH THE NEW ISSUE IF YOU CAN PLEASE

The last issue I was dealing with was the battery was being drained by some sort of short in the truck.
I would charge the battery and all ok I close my door and my interior lights go on. I had my wife and kids help with a test all holding down the door jam switches they went out then came back on after a few minutes.
Ok so I said that was odd one of the door jam switches might be bad I couldn’t tell witch one if they are all pushed in then it goes on how am I going to test if it’s a jam switch?
I used the dome override button light by the headlight switch to shut it off this worked they didn’t come back on ok problem temporarily solved scratching my head as to what it could be.
I go out come home the next day try to turn on my truck and start trying to figure this issue and I have a dead battery.
I replaced my battery since I have a warranty and still with a new battery and the dome override button pushed in my new battery is now dead.
Also a few months back my day time running lights for some reason stopped working, one day they came back on and work all day. After that one day they went back off and are still off….

I fixed this issue this past weekend I believe all is working interior lights not coming on when doors are shut and it worked all week now today I am driving to work half way there I have a clicking behind my dash what I hear to believe is behind the speedometer. It happens when I accelerate when I was at a light it stopped I sat and accelerated in park and no clicking drive it it clicks SMH

Any suggestions please let me know

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The clicking is the trip ohmeter push that reset arm in and drive to see if it move.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
^^yup the clicking is the odometer, push it a few times to reset

As for the battery drain, mine was a broken flap on the vanity mirrors that left them on. Dead battery after 3 days.

You can check for draw by disconnecting the battery power wire and testing amperage with a multimeter. Turn everything off and remove the hood lightbulb. Then start pulling fuses until the meter reads nearly 0 (a few milliamps is ok for the radio and ecm). Whichever fuse makes the meter read zero is the one with the power draw. Then go looking from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rad92