new here with a 02 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badcompany13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so im new on this site and a new z71 tahoe owner. I see plenty of nice tahoes and have read up alot on here. I was thinking about getting ford keys for the front and was wondering if it was a certain model such as f150 that i needed them for, then buying ebay rear billet spacers to lift the rear a inch. Or if I should just go with the whole ebay kit. Id like to lift the front 2 to 3 inches and then get a inch to inch and half rear kit. I have american racing 20s on the tahoe but no nothing about the width or the offset bc they were on it when i bought it. I am planning to do this by fall or winter and was also planning to get a 33 equivalent cooper zeon ltz i have read alot about these and terra grapplers and either way thats the kind of tire i plan to get. any advice would be appreciated

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

tahoe3.jpg

tahoe2.jpg

tahoe.jpg

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go ebay keys and spacers. Seems like most people are getting the keys and spacers from Ebay. Myself included. So cheap and the Ford keys are yes half ton.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
I had Keyway keys upfront and suspensionmaxx 2" spacers rear with 33x13r18 on my old Z71. I will tell you that in order to fit the 33's without rubbing, you will need to do some trimming to the inner liners of you fenders, front valance and a little of the inner fender. If your looking to go up a little, I would go with Keys and Spacers on 295's which is a 32" on a 10.5 wide.

Your offset of your rim is also going to play a major factor of rubbing issues. This is how she looked with the keys and spacers with the 325's.

c8ea2af7.jpg

7ad4f449.jpg

f9092b87.jpg

9a713bc3.jpg

P.S. My old Z71 was a 2002 as well.

~Mike

OP
OP
B

badcompany13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks guys im looking to get the keys by the end of summer and i think im gonna go with a cooper zeon ltz all terrain i read alot of reviews and they seem to last for average of 50-75000 miles and they have a decent aggressive design and are still gonna be good for everyday use which is what im looking for. I dont really like my wheels and i so far aint found out what the width and offset are. BUt my friend actually new the previous owners of the tahoe and i got it for a great deal with 120000 miles. I know theres like a million threads about the same thing i asked but i was kinda hoping to get a couple ideas from some people bc i know alot of them threads are killing me on all the different input. Nice tahoes!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boom313