New here question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPAWNOFSATAN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I been in the Jeep for awhile coworker has a 98 2 dr tahoe barn door pretty clean no rust except for the axle surface rust his asking 9k is this reasonable number.

leather interior looks super clean
True dual exhust
Truck airhorn with compressor
AC/Heat blow hot and cold
108k miles
remote start
has wheels and tires
Running board
New alternator and fan(can the fan be upgraded to electrical?)
New Battery

Not lifted this why im interested on it I wanna lift it.

How much should I offer him I don't wanna low ball him or anything truck looks really nice driven by guy in his 50s..

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not an unheard of price, especially if it's a sport package, but it should be pretty much turn-key with good tires, no rust, leaks or major interior damage (cracked dash).

See if the lower intake gaskets have been replaced. With the vehicle age, they probably have, but given the low miles there's a chance that it doesn't have the upgraded gaskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob bass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
9k seems alot unless it's mint .. I have 89,000 on my 96 2dr clean I would love to get 9k.lol do u have pics ..

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome:to the forum Randy. I can appreciate your concern, I myself am a stickler for original vehicles. Is the price high ? who knows the true value, it's what you will give and what he will sell it for.
I would want to know if it is a ONE OWNER, and is that the true MILEAGE. If you had a photo of the mileage I can tell you real quick if it's been rolled back, so common even in today's digital computer controlled. See if he objects for you to take some photo's and post on this site and listen to the result
of a lot of qualified owners. For that kind of $$$$ it should be perfect. My 99 stays in the garage and it shows, all original. JMHO and good luck......stay in touch.
David g..................:)

OP
OP
S

SPAWNOFSATAN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have pics on my phone, He has no problem of me taking any pics and I will asked him today about the gasket. When I went to see the truck its been setting for 2 weeks and he remotly start without issue. It's besically a turn key and go 9k or OBO. His selling because his having problem getting in and out its a little high for him.

Last edited:

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you buy it yet? We would like to see some pics of this gem! It's not the highest price I have seen. It would also depend on how common they are in your area. If it's as nice as you say, and you fell comfortable paying it, then jump on it. I would offer him $7500-8000 and see if he bites.

Yes, it is possible to convert to efan. You have several options there. 1. Buy a Flex-a-Lite fans (most expensive method, but designed for the vehicle). 2. Use a Thunderbird fans (there's a writeup on this). 3. Late model GM truck fans (I'm not sure how much work this requires though).

What kind of Jeep do you have? Are you keeping it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE