New guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benjamins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,
The last few weeks my wife and I have looked at probably 50 different cars. I've always owned German and always bought used. Yesterday we pulled the trigger on a new 2017 Dark Sapphire Blue Yukon XL with everything available (excluding the additional security). I was really pushing for the GL63 but the size was the limiting factor. Once the rear seats are up, you have no room for storage. Then tried for a QX but that was also too small and akward. We test drove the Escalade but I really dislike the "In your face" styling. We even looked at the dreaded mini-van. We waited for the 2018 Odyssey and they had one hit the lot for training on Monday but the front seats were terribly uncomfortable. The Yukon was understated, came with everything we could possibly need.

This is my first american car and my first new car and I've probably owned 20 cars in the last 15 years. Wish me luck!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Benjamin!! I am sure you will love your Yukon XL!!

OP
OP
B

Benjamins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcome

Unfortunately I'm already experiencing drama. No longer than 24h after ownership someone slammed into the back of the car in a parking lot causing 3,600 in damage (Just got home from body shop). Rock hit the windshield and cracked it while driving home from then and I've got some strange vibration at different times.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang man... that sucks! Did the person at least stick around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Benjamins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
He did stick around so we got his info. Here's a couple photos of the rig.

IMG_0948_zps9cs6copo.jpg

IMG_0949_zpspxsbdelu.jpg

And a couple shots of our Q7 as well..

FullSizeRender_2_zpsyynbtnqe.jpg
af228ca4-8253-49d2-bd57-0f23c6718c2f_zps226nlr4l.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer on the accident. But super nice looking rides. At least they stuck around and you got there info. Welcome. You will find tons of helpful info here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts