New guy here my name is Charlie and I reside in Ky,bought my son a 1999 Tahoe looking at working on it together.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe Dad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone my son bought a 99 Tahoe and installed new led marker lights that are white and amber the driver side lights up right but passenger side will only light up amber any body have an idea of what the problem could be I don’t know where to begin on it.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Walterboro South Carolina Charlie!

Used to have family in Morehead Ky. Used to get Moonshine at Freight Train Liquors in downtown Morehead years ago. Also went to go Greens Restaurant in Salt Lick. A lot of nice people there.

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone my son bought a 99 Tahoe and installed new led marker lights that are white and amber the driver side lights up right but passenger side will only light up amber any body have an idea of what the problem could be I don’t know where to begin on it.
What brand LED build did you use? Sometimes LED can be wonky. I’m sure you tried flip-swapping the bulbs with each other to make sure its not a bad bulb. Did you reinstall the old bulbs to see if the problem goes away? Check the fuses? If you hooked up the new bulbs without disconnecting the battery you could have blown a fuse By inadvertently shorting the circuit.

By the way, if you install LED brake light bulbs, your cruise control won’t work. Don’t ask me how I know this.

Welcome to the tribe.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Could be a bad bulb or reverse the polarity/flip the bulb around to see if that fixes it. Welcome from Nc as well!

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From one '99 Tahoe owner to another, welcome to TYF from NY!
Father and son projects are one of the absolute best ways to spend time bonding IMO. Good for you guys! Just wrapped up a small lift on my son's '16 Silverado last night with him. That time spent with him is priceless. I thank God for that. Lot of folks aren't so fortunate.
Wish we had KY conditions up here in NY. We wouldn't have to store our Tahoe in the winter if so. The salty road winters are brutal on a rig.

66105104430__16C15526-BF7D-4D6D-B044-8F4968A6962D_Original.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts