New cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I just ordered a 216/220tsp low lift cam for my hoe now my question is should I order new spring and pushrods if so which kind should I get

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and yes. Springs should be duals (I am running Vinci High performance duals), and pushrods should be hardened. Ask cam mfr. for pushrod length. You'll need new valve seals too (Vitron are the best) and you should look into a rocker arm trunion upgrade since the bearings in them are known to fail and if they do the needle bearings aren't captured so they cause a catastrophic engine failure due to hundreds of tiny bearings getting into the engine. Google "LS engine trunion upgrade" and read up on it. Comp Cams sells a kit that is pretty easy to install.

OP
OP
boomboom baker

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red rocket can you tell what all is involved in the tune when I install my cam cause I no it will need one this cam has a choppy idle I was always told you have to tune one with a choppy idle because of the knock sensor

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red rocket can you tell what all is involved in the tune when I install my cam cause I no it will need one this cam has a choppy idle I was always told you have to tune one with a choppy idle because of the knock sensor
I use Blackbear for tuning and all I know is they told me my normal tune they sent me for my blower is close to my cam/blower tune and I can run my new cam/blower tune with the stock cam until I install the Vinci Trucker cam. (it's still sitting in my living room waiting to be installed- I did install the valve springs, trunion kit, pushrods and seals). VHP's website does say a tune is needed for most of their cams, it lists which ones need a tune. As for the knock sensors, I heard it's beehive springs that cause knock sensor problems, not the cam. That's part of why I went with Vinci High Performance dual springs- Roger Vinci told me his springs don't have an issue with the knock sensors.

OP
OP
boomboom baker

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red rocket I look at vhp website im going with them I just cancelled my order with Texas instruments cause vhp offers the whole kit thanks for the info you saved me some money

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red rocket I look at vhp website im going with them I just cancelled my order with Texas instruments cause vhp offers the whole kit thanks for the info you saved me some money
If you email them Roger Vinci himself will answer any questions you have, he's given me alot of advice. Or you can call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz