New 2017 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after much research and debate, I picked up a new Tahoe last week. So far I am very pleased with it. Coming from many years of half and three quarter ton pickups (with a couple of suv's in the mix), I have to say that this is the smoothest riding, quietest vehicle I've ever personally owned.

Mods so far:
Suspension Maxx 1.5in level
275/60-20 Michelin Defenders(they measure approx 32.5 on the truck, FYI)
Husky liner xact contour mats
Debadged everything

Xpel-frt bumper, mirrors, headlights, b/c/d pillars, front of hood/fenders

Tint-18% front doors, 5% remaining glass, 70% windshield

Superchips flashpaq-for disabling AFM and correcting tire size

Premium line-x on factory plastic steps

IMG_0101.JPG

Last edited:

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great ride! Love the mods so far. Anything else planned? I was going to upgrade to 22" (I have the LT with 18") but I think now I am only going to have it leveled and keep the current wheels and tires.

I did tint the front window and also debadged. I have plastidipped my front grill black, but am getting ready to replace the front grill with a black one I purchased on here from @Denali132 . Can't wait to see the new look!

I agree the ride is incredible coming from driving my 2013 Ram Diesel as my everyday prior to my 17 Tahoe.

OP
OP
G

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

As of right now I don't have any other mods planned, but as we all know, that is subject to change at any moment. I actually hadn't initially planned to do anything with the step bars but they scuff very easily and the line-x was the perfect solution for that, plus the shiny black textured look goes well with the white in my opinion.

I debated back and forth on superchips vs diablo intune, and it came down to the fact that the superchips is much less hassle to update. That actually came in handy because my programmer required several updates immediately before it could be used. For now I just wanted a reasonably priced program that would delete AFM and also calibrate for tire change. Both have similar features, the diablo does allow torque management adjustments where the superchips does not. It is night and day in terms of pleasure to drive with AFM disabled, MUCH improved over stock, FYI.

OP
OP
G

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may experiment with the plasti dip on some areas in the near future.

It's weird but I've picked up a faint wind noise (high pitched whistling) that is coming from the drivers side mirror. This began after the xpel was installed on that mirror....I need to figure out exactly what is causing it.

Overall though, the xpel was a good choice I believe.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! Looks awesome..Love the white with dark tint all around.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats

& when u get a chance close up pics of line-x'd steps, please
(this concept interests me)

OP
OP
G

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have always liked white with the dark tint for some reason, it has a great look to it.

Steps...
IMG_0092.JPG

I have a very experienced Line-x guy who has done a lot of trucks and other odd items for me over the years. I was unsure about it adhering well to plastic but as long as the plastic piece in question is encapsulated in the line-x as these are, problems with peeling are very rare. And worst case scenario if they ever do, he will re-spray without issue. The premium line-x remains glossy looking despite sun and heat. The difference between it and normal Line-x or factory spray in liners, after as little as 6-8 months is very noticeable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts