Need to replace Spark PLugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TnTahoe2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone refer me to a video on how to 'properly' replace spark plugs in a 2001 Tahoe? Thanks!

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there should be a spark plug remover in your ratchet set if you have a decent one you can spot it because its longer then most now start on the drivers side rear cylinder take of the plug wire unscrew the plug check it out there is guides online to show you what your sparkplug should look like for example if you fill up at chevron alot like me youll notice a red tint to your plugs this is due to an identifying additive that chevron uses has no affect on the fuel now if you look at your plug youve determined there are no other issues put the new plug in snug tight dont over tighten youll break the plug and all kinds of stuff goes right into your cylinder
just get in the habit of taking an old plug out and putting new one right back in because ive seen knuckleheads take all of the plugs out at the same time and put the new ones in the wrong firing order now when you get to the passanger side just jack up that side and place it on a pyramid jack and remove the tire that will give your plenty of space to work and easy access to those plugs
and make sure you use the basic ac delcos dont waste your money on some name brand expensives plugs
youll probably find your old plugs looking pretty good if there hasnt been any issues with your motor and regular oil changes i just swapped out my 02 tahoe plugs at 100k i probably could have easily gotten 25 -30 k more miles out of them

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

and if you still need a video check out 1a auto on you tube they have videos that show you everything

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TnTahoe2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did check out the 1a auto on youtube, but it wasnt for my year, it was for '95-'99, I need '01....so I am still looking, thanks for your input though, much appreciated!

OP
OP
T

TnTahoe2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, Thanks so much, thats great advice. And also THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reuben0524