Need new instrument cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denalixl13

Reaction score
I just did the LED conversion on my 06' XL Denali and it's no easy task. I used ScottyBoy's how-to guide and it went pretty well. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to do it. It took a lot of patience, and about 6 hours of time. For your 03' though you are in luck, the bulbs are easy to replace (you don't have to solder them in). The hardest part of the whole thing to me is re-calibrating your needles and making sure they're all reading correctly when you're done. The stepper motors don't seem too hard to do.

Kind of a crappy picture, but this will hopefully give you an idea of what it will look like with the grey overlay between the gauges that the Denalis' have.

Attachments

• 2012-06-25 05.56.37.jpg
    2012-06-25 05.56.37.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Looks good. What color LED's did you use?

And I do have to solder them in on an '03. I think the last plug-n-play year was '02. So, I'm sending mine to Scottyboy. I could probably do it, but I'm sure it would take me waaay longer to do with a good possibility of screwing something up along the way. ;)

Denalixl13

Reaction score
I used flat-topped blue leds from Superbrightleds.com with 470om resistors. The shipping costed more than the products put together lol. Honestly it was insane. I spend 2 hours trying to re-calibrate all of my needles off of memory. Finally got everything in working order now though. I would say its worth sending it to Scotty. That and a Youtube video I found helped me a lot. Plus, my Dad is pretty darn good at soldering. That picture was taken this morning, the sun was just coming up, and during that time normally I could barely see my bulbs, these are probably 15 times brighter than stock. Totally worth it. I would do blue, especially if you have a Navi. I also have illuminated footwells that you can kind-of see in the picture. So everything matches pretty damn well.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Sent my cluster off to Scottyboy last night. Getting all new stepper motors and white LED's put in. Gotta say it's a little weird driving around with no instruments. Really looking forward to getting it back!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sent my cluster off to Scottyboy last night. Getting all new stepper motors and white LED's put in. Gotta say it's a little weird driving around with no instruments. Really looking forward to getting it back!

Very nice Scott, from everyone else highly recommending Scottyboy you will be happy with the end result!!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Haha...I like a man confident in his own work.

Speaking of which, I'll be out of town for a couple of days (road trip...no instruments....good times! lol). Gone fishin'!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Scottyboy, when you get a chance can you post a pic of the finished work? The one you sent my phone is being stubborn and won't let me save it so I can look at it on a bigger-screen format.

Edit: NM...I figured it out. A preview of a job well done:

ResizedImage951341954608483.jpg

I will say it looks pretty sweet!! Great improvement over the stock look.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instigator01