Need help with wheels and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

singhnyc

Reaction score
I want to pick up custom wheels for 17 suburban premier for summer. I need help picking with company shock I get first time buying custom rims.
Dub Wheels Shot Calla S219
Dub Wheels 8 Ball S213
Heavy Hitters Wheels HH12 Chrome
Niche Wheels M097 Elan Gloss Black

out in ny which one of these brand are good and reliable
thanks for all your help

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to pick up custom wheels for 17 suburban premier for summer. I need help picking with company shock I get first time buying custom rims.
Dub Wheels Shot Calla S219
Dub Wheels 8 Ball S213
Heavy Hitters Wheels HH12 Chrome
Niche Wheels M097 Elan Gloss Black

out in ny which one of these brand are good and reliable
thanks for all your help

They're all cast aluminum and reputable as far as aftermarket brands go, Niche and DUB more so than Heavy Hitters. Niche has been around forever and DUB has a solid following. I'm sure Heavy Hitters is owned and made by some other bigger and better-known brand. Your best bet is not to shop so much by price, but by the seller. See who has the most positive reviews and feedback and best warranties. Some sellers may have the wheels at a considerable discount, but that may be because they bought the factory "seconds"- the wheels with minor blemishes or other manufacturing flaws.

Out of those listed for what I assume is the silver Suburban in your avatar, I like the Niche M097 the best. The DUB S219 and DUB S213 are a really close second and third place, respectively. The Heavy Hitters are too "busy".

Last edited:

J B pdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you are good with switching brands, the ones I got look pretty similar and may be a little cheaper. I got some KMC 704 District Truck. KMC wheels are pretty good price wise, and they are just as good as the other brands. I think the DUB brand will be the most expensive.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DUBs will discontinue their wheels after 2 years. So if you hit a pot hole 3 years from now and you want a replacement, you might be shopping for 4 brand new wheels.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DUBs will discontinue their wheels after 2 years. So if you hit a pot hole 3 years from now and you want a replacement, you might be shopping for 4 brand new wheels.
Funny...that’s what most OTHER brands do. For instance, Dub Ballers have been around for like 20 years. Tell me who else does that? Pretty much take a chance on any wheel you buy. If it isn’t popular enough, it won’t be made for long. That’s why I like replicas. There will be replicas of replicas forever lol.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny...that’s what most OTHER brands do. For instance, Dub Ballers have been around for like 20 years. Tell me who else does that? Pretty much take a chance on any wheel you buy. If it isn’t popular enough, it won’t be made for long. That’s why I like replicas. There will be replicas of replicas forever lol.

The dub futures are discontinued and I need one 24". Prices on them have gone up almost $100/wheel since I bought mine.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dub futures are discontinued and I need one 24". Prices on them have gone up almost $100/wheel since I bought mine.
That sucks. Have you tried EBay? I see them still for sale online but didn’t look for your exact wheel since there’s different finishes. If it’s not bent too bad you might be able to get it repaired. The Futures never really became popular, the Ballers were close to them and looked better imo. I see CarID still lets you add Futures to your cart in all 3 finishes for our trucks. Have you tried them?

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Have you tried EBay? I see them still for sale online but didn’t look for your exact wheel since there’s different finishes. If it’s not bent too bad you might be able to get it repaired. The Futures never really became popular, the Ballers were close to them and looked better imo. I see CarID still lets you add Futures to your cart in all 3 finishes for our trucks. Have you tried them?

Oh they sell them for $396 each now on ebay. I tried to get it repaired, but the place said they wouldn't due it. It is still driveable, but it feels like a tire is out of balance.

Most places still have them listed, but when they call Dub, they don't have them anymore. I went through this with 3 different places last week.

I may just buy the one wheel. But I think with how bad the roads are in IL, 22's may be a better option for still looking good and not having total fear of driving down the interstate and hitting a pothole large enough to bend a wheel.

Ballers look hideous IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts