need help passenger side window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took this girl out to eat last night and she tried to let the window down but i had the window lock on. so we ended up pressing the buttons at the same time now the damn thing wont let backup. when i tried to let it up it was skipping then stopped.i can pull the passenger side door module fuse and i let it up but it still skips and then stop. both driver and passenger controls work and does the same skipping until it just stops. i think something got mixed up when we were both pressing the buttons at the same time. is there another fuse to check?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i took this girl out to eat last night and she tried to let the window down but i had the window lock on. so we ended up pressing the buttons at the same time now the damn thing wont let backup. when i tried to let it up it was skipping then stopped.i can pull the passenger side door module fuse and i let it up but it still skips and then stop. both driver and passenger controls work and does the same skipping until it just stops. i think something got mixed up when we were both pressing the buttons at the same time. is there another fuse to check?
Most likely it will need a new regulator or motor, regulator is more common, the switch either works or doesn't work, won't make the window malfunction, it was probably just coinicidence that it happened that way.

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the window fell off the track? I helped a friend fix a similar issue with a jeep recently, I would pull off the door panel and start probing, check for 12v at the motor etc.

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the window fell off the track? I helped a friend fix a similar issue with a jeep recently, I would pull off the door panel and start probing, check for 12v at the motor etc.

Mine was all busted and the cables were mangled. This is the rear door though.

20180318_143157.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still tho, hitting both switchs at once shouldnt do that...even if one going up and one down....i dont know...but i digress, regulator prob stb... like doubie said

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm going to take the door panel off and take a peek today and report back.

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its safe to say that it wasn't the regulator. I put one in and it's still doing the same thing. Still skipping then stops. I can then pull the fuse to the pdm and it does it all over again. I'm going to change both switches and see. Maybe the driver switch is the culprit. Because I had the pdm connected and disconnected and it still did the same thing.

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read dtc on tech 2 for passenger window

Trouble Code: B3205 0B

Window Motor Fast Over Current Fault

Possible Causes:

B3205 0B

The DDS or PDS has detected excessive current flow on their respective window motor control circuit.

I dont even know where to start. Is there a relay on back of the interior fuse panel for the passenger side?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
B3205 0B

I dont even know where to start.

From the shop manual:

Diagnostic Aids

B3205 0B can be set due to excessive physical resistance in the window regulator assembly. Ensure proper mechanical operation of the regulator assembly prior to replacing electrical components.

Reference Information
Schematic Reference

Moveable Window Schematics (See: Windows and Glass\Windows\Diagrams\Electrical)
Connector End View Reference

Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams\Connector Views)
Description and Operation

Power Windows Description and Operation (See: Windows and Glass\Windows\Description and Operation\Power Windows Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference

Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics)
Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics)
Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics)
Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics)
Scan Tool Reference

Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection\Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information

Circuit/System Verification

Observe the operation of the power windows while commanding each window UP and DOWN by using their respective window switches, each window should perform the UP and DOWN function.

Circuit/System Testing

Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the appropriate window motor.
Connect a test lamp between control circuit terminal A and control circuit terminal B.
Ignition ON, command the window UP and DOWN by using the door switch. The test lamp should turn ON when commanding the UP and DOWN states.
¤ If the test lamp is always OFF during either of the commands, test either control circuit for a short to ground or open/high resistance. If the circuits test normal, replace the door switch.
¤ If the test lamp is always ON, test either control circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuits test normal, replace the door switch
If all circuits test normal, test or replace the window motor.
Component Testing

Important: When performing the following tests, make sure that the window motor is not all ready in the position the test is attempting to produce.

Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the appropriate window motor.
Install a 25A fused jumper wire between the control terminal A and 12 volts. Momentarily install a jumper wire between the control terminal B and ground. The window motor should perform the UP or DOWN function.
¤ If the function does not perform as specified, replace the window motor.
Reverse the jumper wires; the window motor should perform the DOWN or UP function.
¤ If the function does not perform as specified, replace the window motor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zachattack_0924

Latest posts