Need Help. Interior retains power after opening/closing doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The subject pretty much sums it up. I know it has some sort of latching relay system, but I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting it. Has anybody else experienced this? No know events have caused this. I'm thinking it's either a back-feed, bad relay, or ground issue (depending on trigger type), but I can't (immediatelly) put my finger on it. All help is appreciated!

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly stays on? Do you have an aftermarket head unit? My yukon does the same thing now that i installed a new headunit. I got an aftermarket amp,dvd player, and rear tvs hooked up to the remote turn on from the head unit. I installed a relay so my hu wouldnt get fried from any backfeed. The tvs and amps stay on for about 1 to 2 seconds after my doors open. Im thinking its just the relay powering down. Besides that system works perfect.try opening each door individually and see which one works and which one it doesnt work on. Then maybe it will be the latch on that door. If its on all the doors, theres gotta be a relay somewhere not powering down. Hope this helps. Would suck if you came out and it wouldnt start.

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's happening, is that the entire "factory latching circuit" is failing to disengage with the opening/closing of ANY door. I do have an aftermarket HU I installed (along with the proper Scosche (non onstar) harness). I have a amp/sub combo, and an onboard air compressor system that uses the stereo remote wire for the positive trigger on the relay. The circuit has worked properly with these mods, up untill now.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the gmos-4 harness on my truck. These trucks act funny when you put those harnesses on. My heater controls lights went out when i added my aftermarket hu!! Maybe try disconnecting the remote power wire and see if that does someting. Maybe even the disconnect the stereo harness. I just dont think its the door circuit. those door circuits are meant to last a long time. do you have remote start or an alarm , because that could trigger one of the ignition circuits to power on also? Not an expert, just throwing some ideas out. Hope it helps. I know it would drive me crazy if my truck was doing that. :emotions122:

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the gmos-4 harness on my truck. These trucks act funny when you put those harnesses on. My heater controls lights went out when i added my aftermarket hu!! Maybe try disconnecting the remote power wire and see if that does someting. Maybe even the disconnect the stereo harness. I just dont think its the door circuit. those door circuits are meant to last a long time. do you have remote start or an alarm , because that could trigger one of the ignition circuits to power on also? Not an expert, just throwing some ideas out. Hope it helps. I know it would drive me crazy if my truck was doing that. :emotions122:

I appreciate ALL help. That includes this ^^. Thank you!

I couldn't let it go last night. It was bothering me too much. Ultimately, I blamed that ************* Scosche box (I don't understand how a company who has always been known (to me) for selling really cheap, poor quality products can have become the highest selling retailer. How the hell does that happen????)

Anyway, I got it fixed by hard wiring both remote wires (factory and mine) and I just bypassed that ******** box. Everything works great again. Thank you guys for jumping in and trying to help. Always appreciated!!! ;)

Last edited:

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if i knew that the harness was such a pita, i would of hard wired my hu up also. Maybe in the summertime when i got some free time I will do that. Glad everything worked out for you.:rocking:

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can still use the box if you want to retain the chimes, just bypass the box when you connect your remote wire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SayWhen