Need advice, considering purchase.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fenster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help. Ok, Currently in the market for a 2007-2008 Yukon or Tahoe. The one I currently found is a very clean, 2008 black,well maintained Yukon Denali priced at $30,800 The only negative to it is the mileage which is 75,000 miles. I normally wouldnt be attracted to car with that many miles however it was very well maintained and the only flaw seems to be the left part of the leather seat is showing some normal leather wear cracks. For the $30,000- $32,000 I'm looking to spend I normally have been focusing on 2007 Yukon's or Tahoes, with mileage in the range of 30,000-40,000 miles. Do you consider with the same money spent, a wiser purchase with an 07 with lower mileage or the 2008 fully loaded with higher mileage?
Any tips would be great. Thank you!

P.S. Does the 2007 and 2008 both offer XM/Sirius radio?
P.S.S. With all the snow NJ has been getting , is the AWD not as adequate as something with 4WD? Any big differences between the 07 and 08?

eandj23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 yukon SLT that had 50K miles on it when i got it a year ago, fully loaded except rear entertainment and factory certified , got it for $23K.

I have also had almost a dozen problems with the car since i got it. I would recommend looking for an 08 tahoe or yukon since they are a little more reliable. Of course the denali's are awesome but thats A LOT of miles. I would keep looking for something with lower miles. IMO of course :)

OP
OP
F

Fenster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats a lot of money for a truck with 75K on it. Kelly Blue Book value on an 08 Tahoe LTZ with 75K is $25K in excellent condition for private party value.
http://www.kbb.com/kbb/UsedCars/Pri...e|2115550|true&Condition=Good&QuizConditions=

Yea but on EBAY, and cars.com the prices are what I mentioned in my first piece. They don't reflect what Kelly BB is saying. I guess the reality is I have to settle for a 2007 vs 2008 for my budget or go with the high mileage Denali. Boooo. TY

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my very clean 07 Denali a year ago with 32,000 miles for $31,000. that sounds a few thousand high to me.

Yes, XM was available both years.

I get around just fine with my AWD. Unless you are off the highway a lot, I doubt you would notice a difference.

Last edited:

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it all depends on the market and your area. I have seen my truck (07 z71) with twice the mileage as me (~40K) for nearly $31K in some areas and in others might be $5k less. you could definitely talk dealer down on that denali because 75k miles is alot especially for an 08 (mine has 19K and its an 07). keep looking and youll find the right one!

OP
OP
F

Fenster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it all depends on the market and your area. I have seen my truck (07 z71) with twice the mileage as me (~40K) for nearly $31K in some areas and in others might be $5k less. you could definitely talk dealer down on that denali because 75k miles is alot especially for an 08 (mine has 19K and its an 07). keep looking and youll find the right one!

Pretty sure they over paid on the trade so they may be stuck with it. I refuse to pay over $29,000 for it. They had it listed originally for $32,900 but after 3 months dropped it Monday to $30,856. Would you agree regardless of the mileage that $29,000 for that Denali would represent a good value. I wonder how much an extended warranty to protect myself would cost? But your right, the price swings are pretty big. Unfortunately it varies demographically and I can't afford to travel far. Thanks for your input!:supergay:

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think $28k would be a great price. according to nada in my area a rough trade in is about $31.5k which means they are going to have to sell for more. High end at $36k. I have always been weary of high mileage cars. do a carfax and take it to a mechanic to have it checked out.

also find the last owner. were they highway miles? was the car a lease? many factors to include

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these truck are holding RIDICULOUS value right now.. Not so sure when it'll end? Maybe when gas goes back over $3.xx on average? Mileage aint gonna hurt you if it was well maintained. That sounds like a company type car or guy/gal commuting far everyday.. $30k call it a day..

Denali Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my 07 Denali for $32K in a private sale about a year ago. Jet black with every option including power running boards. It had 22K miles and a 5 year, 100K extended warranty that was transferred to my name. I really like the Denali however I've had many items fixed at the dealer so far - most of them little, cosmetic stuff. I was able to get them to replace the chrome 20s because the plating was peeling, the rear window has been replaced twice because the defroster cable disconnected, the chrome interior door handles because of plastic chrome peeling, the interior door trim popped off, and the drivers side exterior handle detached. This truck is babied and I'm hoping that these cosmetic issues don't turn into and larger issues even though the truck is covered the next few years. My advice would be to keep shopping as you never know what comes up for sale tomorrow. Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz