Need a quick lession on the 97's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my 07 Hoe earlier this year ( it's the one in the top right side of the screen ) and ended up with a nice 90 Chevy Silverado. I have a guy who wants to trade me a 97 2wd 2 door Yukon for my truck. Can I get a quick 411 on them? What type of fuel injection do they have? What are the problem areas I should look for? The guy claims it has just over 100,000 miles which is the same as the mileage on my 90 RCSB I have now. The thing has a 4/6 drop on it as well as some other custom stuff. I have a pic below. Does anyone recognize it?

97Hoe1.jpg

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
The OBS are very nice trucks, heck I have owned several of them!! The 97's got passenger airbags, its got the Vortec engine with fuel injection versus the TBI on your '90. 2 Door Yukons were not as plentiful as the 2 Door Tahoes, and just having a 2 door is something I want to own soon!! Just make sure it is in good mechanical condition, no wrecks, check for any hidden damages etc, just like you would with any vehicle. ANd ask him why hes getting rid of it, and look at his reaction and listen to his answer. You can tell alot by ppl if you pay attention to their body language. Make sure everything works, windows, mirrors, trans fluid is good, underbody, etc. Make sure the engine is running smooth with no misfires, check engine light is NOT illuminated or hasnt been removed. If everything checks out good, then I would go ahead and do the trade if you like 2 door 'Hoes and 'Kons!!! :)

OP
OP
quick66ss

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I will be sure to check it out from top to bottom. I traded a co worker for the 90 and know for a fact he is just as picky about his vehicle care as I am so I had no worries with that deal. I like the truck but would love to get back into an SUV. The rake in the pics seem to be more than what I see on most 4/6 drops which has me wondering.

This is my 90.
615.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jr9688

Latest posts