need a new engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is a 6.0 swap really as simple as swapping the accessories from a 5.3 to a 6.0 and reprogram??
is there any fuel pump or other upgrades that need to be done for everything to work out well?

OP
OP
badazz

badazz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
from what I have been reading on here the 6.0 swap is just about as easy as the long block and reprogram the pcm, so it knows you now have a 6.0. everything else bolts on.

so if i bought the 6.0 i would have to reprogram the ecu correct ???? who can i get to do that how much would that cost around???

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure it really applies here, but I have a friend that went through some deep water when his road was flooded and hydrolocked the engine. Pulled the plugs and ended up throwing a rod out the bottom of the oil pan. He called his insurance company and told them what happened. The insurance ended up paying for his engine rebuild because it was somehow covered. Just a thought...what you do with that thought is up to you!

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep.. Thats it!! :) no fuel issues..

I thought the wiring harness on the 6.0 is slightly different than the 5.3 because a few sensors are located in different locations on the 6.0 compared to 5.3?

What's involved in swapping out a 5.3 for 6.0 besides getting the PCM reprogrammed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n240sxlover

Latest posts