need a little advice on what to do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay next week im going to have about 3grand to spend and i decided to put it twords something usefull instead of pissing it all away like i normally do
and since my 01 burban has 240 k miles the motor other then a few issues runs descent but its getting long in the tooth and the previous owner spent like 3000 bucks and replacced the tranny about 4 years ago with a brand spanken new tranny
so i was considering while i can easily afford it is buying a new motor or having mine rebuilt or something along those lines so what do you guys recomend and is it possible to have done for 3k or less before something catastrophic happens shortly down the road and i cant afford to fix it
and im not considering another vehicle

Ridculous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You plan on doing any work yourself or letting the shop to everything? I would think you could have a local shop to a refresh on the motor and replace any bad parts as well as dropping in a nice cam that would work with the engine as well.

OP
OP
ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
normally i would do the work myself and i still mite but i just started arizona automotive institutes welding program so im in class monday thru friday wich limits me on time
so ima have to pay a local shop to do the work

the refresh does sound like a good idea but im wanting to do more of a major over haul here
whats it cost for 5.3 crate motor and whats a ballpark cost on having it put in