Nbs Escalade brake light conversion help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't already ordered a new light, don't! The wiring for some reason on the Tahoe and Yukon is backwards from the Escalade light. I just did this to my Denali XL a few weeks back. Reverse the wires and the light will come on just fine! That being said the base will fit if you use double-sided tape it just won't be all that flush. I also had trouble getting my third tail light to mold to the shape of my yukon's glass as the yukon and Escalade hatch glass are shaped differently up at the top under the trim. I ended up the swapping of the whole hatch to make it fit. And I'm glad I did as it fits much better and the screw holes lined up so I didn't have to use double-sided tape.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
If you haven't already ordered a new light, don't! The wiring for some reason on the Tahoe and Yukon is backwards from the Escalade light. I just did this to my Denali XL a few weeks back. Reverse the wires and the light will come on just fine! That being said the base will fit if you use double-sided tape it just won't be all that flush. I also had trouble getting my third tail light to mold to the shape of my yukon's glass as the yukon and Escalade hatch glass are shaped differently up at the top under the trim. I ended up the swapping of the whole hatch to make it fit. And I'm glad I did as it fits much better and the screw holes lined up so I didn't have to use double-sided tape.

Mine was plug and play. 2002 escalade I got the parts from and mine is 2005. Maybe there is something in the newer years that make it different.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@#1taho , I don't know why everyone says there's gaps. Lol. Everything on the back end of my Denali with the eksy parts match up totally fine and there's no unusual gaps. Interesting in the wiring. I'm not sure what year esky my third light came off of. But I had to switch the wires for my 2006. Maybe the Chevy and gmc wires are different. Wouldn't see why though. Anyways your setup looks great!

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
@#1taho , I don't know why everyone says there's gaps. Lol. Everything on the back end of my Denali with the eksy parts match up totally fine and there's no unusual gaps. Interesting in the wiring. I'm not sure what year esky my third light came off of. But I had to switch the wires for my 2006. Maybe the Chevy and gmc wires are different. Wouldn't see why though. Anyways your setup looks great!
Thanks. The forum had an influence :devilfinger:hahaha.
If I remember correctly is was Fosscore that gave me the idea and helped me along.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I know where an escalade glass and brake light is at, thinkin about gettin it, how hards the swap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I put on the vent corner caps. Pain to take out the old ones though! At the top corner the is a gap looks as if it was not seated correctly is this normal. Is it like this because of the third brake light on the escalades they line up?
335006220fe61abad568ec9c08e60518.jpg
f0e76376e298ad53fdba2749c2829961.jpg
a96b12460ea33a2e6bbfc0be7f9b33b2.jpg

I'd say those appliques (vent caps) aren't installed correctly; I have them on my Denali with the stock Denali rear glass and they fit perfect.

img_5624-jpg.66417

OP
OP
LOWHOE775

LOWHOE775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try to switch the wires around tonight thanks for the heads up.

OP
OP
LOWHOE775

LOWHOE775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lines match up fairly good View attachment 66699 View attachment 66700 Side view looking back

Yea this is the esky glass
Your lines are perfect I am going to try and see how it looks with double sided tape first if it pops out too much I'll just get glass of an escalade and call it good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jethro779