Mystery Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Brymck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Make sure every part of your brakes is put in right and lined up properly. Even if you've got new brakes, little things like bolts, clips, and shims could be off or even missing, causing noise. I'd say give everything a good once-over to make sure it's all snug and in the right place.
I'm going to look it over real good before and after I change the rotors.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more thing to add. Be sure to clean the piston and caliper pad face to remove any corrosion with a smooth file - want it uniform. Wipe clean. Then apply a thin layer of high temp silicone to the pad shims when reinstalling.

Based on what has been shared, I think with some new rotors and a once over, you'll be back in biz

OP
OP
B

Brymck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update. I pulled all the brake pads after a neighbor who is a recently retired mechanic asked if the pads were tight when I installed them. I feel just as ignorant for saying this as I do doing it, but yes they were. I just assumed it was one of GM's "great" engineers designed them this way for some funny reason but I ended up cleaning and greasing moving parts, grinding a little off both ends of each pads and now the sound is almost nonexistent. I will be changing the rotors this weekend as well. Who ever heard of having to grind your brake pads to fit lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mindfulMike

Latest posts