My tip for plug #8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I called mine a dirty dirty ***** bag when I was trying to align the supercharger to the intake ports while trying to keep the gaskets aligned.

gGM Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did anyone notice a difference at all after you replaced the plugs in terms of performance, smoothness or better fuel economy?

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes to all. 2011 90k. I took off the metal shields, I hate those damn things. Still have the original wires and it idles smooth as a cloud

I was chasing an idle stutter. I added heat to the tank and switched gas stations. Seriously, water in the gas. I thought that was a myth...

sprinter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Eric, did you find that the used plugs did not all look the same... meaning some plugs were more fouled than others? If so, do you recall which ones? Was this the first plug change for the truck?

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question. Yes, all plugs looked the same. Not even a difference in the color of the threads. The color of the side of the electrodes looked good. I do believe they were original, the tips were quite worn and GM says 100k right?

For the record, I am mostly an old car guy and I do know the difference plugs make. On old cars I still use old school cheap copper NGK. No need for triple V unubtainium coated salesman crap

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just don't lean on the heater core hose. The connectors are plastic and get brittle and will snap down the road.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine ran smoother after a plug/wire change after 87k. All the plugs looked the same, and were stilled gapped at .040", looks to me they could have gone a lot longer. I went with ACDELCO wires and plugs, torqued at 11 ft. lbs.

sprinter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's interesting that both Eric and 02Lightning had the same experience with plugs equally worn. I noticed on multiple occasions that earlier models 08-11 seem to have #1 plug much more fouled than the rest. It is a result of an early valve cover design that was then modified, I believe in 2011. Anyone else notice that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts