My Tahoe might be out for the count

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LI99HOE

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Well it's been a few weeks since I updated the situation, so here it goes.
The kids insurance co. sent out their adjustor... ~$9k in damages they tell me. Apparently the frame rails are bent. So being the cheap ***** they are... they totaled it. Got just over half (the $9k in damages) from them with me keeping the truck.
I noticed that the front transfer case is cracked, so I know that'll have to be replaced also.
Now I have to wait for my lawyer to haggle w/the bodily injury adjustor and see what I'll get for my injuries. After that I'll have to decide what I'm gonna' do w/the truck.

Last edited:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Wow that sucks but hell sue the shit outa them for the pain.... Hope u heal good tho cause yea pain sucks

OP
OP
LI99HOE

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
The real suck part of this whole mess is that I was lookin' for a job @ the time this happened. Now when I get my body fixed good enough to get a job, I won't even have a ride to get to it.
Not to mention, I still haven't had any income since the time of the accident. Since I don't have any family myself, I've had my friends mom offer to bring me some food for myself, and my dog.
Not trying to play the sympathy or feel bad for me card... just venting about how F'd up things got because of an irresponsible driver, and sheisty insurance companies.

jpe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that sucks to hear but i would just say part it out. i would tell you to fix it but with frame damage it might not be feasible being unemployed and all. you could sell the parts to buy another or pick up a stock one and use some of yours. best of luck to what ever you choose.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea man I would get the insurance money get a clunker and get a job and save up the hoe for later on because yea frame damage can be an expensive fix...

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what would your truck be worth if you were going to sell it? (prior to the crash)

The problem with keeping and parting out the truck is that it could take forever to actually sell the parts, and get some money out of it. I would look more at what you have in the truck, what it would sell for, what makes it more than just a stock truck, and get the insurance to give you a better price based on your information. Let them take the truck and get as much as you can right now verses parting it out, especially if you aren't employed. Then after you get a fair price for the truck, go after them for the injury claim.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Yea parting out cars sucks.. ive learned my lesson with that tahoe limited.. You dont make shit off anything since shipping rates suck. Theres hardly any "small" parts on these trucks that fit into a standard box..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts