My new to me Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiltff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you changed the wheels yet? The wheels you posted are pretty cool. I have been thinking of the same wheels for my 02. I just put on a set of Dueler H/Ls on the original rims because my old ones were bald and had a screw.

Chevy305

Reaction score
Sub installed..

14765901916_f4ff034969_c.jpg
How well does that sub run off of your factory amp?

OP
OP
Mudfrog

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you changed the wheels yet? The wheels you posted are pretty cool. I have been thinking of the same wheels for my 02. I just put on a set of Dueler H/Ls on the original rims because my old ones were bald and had a screw.

I haven't changed them out yet. There are some other things I need to do before I swap the wheels / tires. Just planning ahead.

How well does that sub run off of your factory amp?

It does pretty good. Some songs sound great while others could have a little more bass. If you are going to stay with the factory amp get the 2ohm version as it will play a little louder.

OP
OP
Mudfrog

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, it's been a little while since I've done anything. I'm going to continue to update this thread as time goes on. I'm dropping the Hoe off on Tuesday to get the transmission rebuilt. It's slipping quite a lot now.

My upcoming changes:

Leveling kit
Tires (maybe wheels)
Braided brake lines
Replace rear backing plates that have rotted out
Replace emergency brake setup
Change out the headlights for ones that allow you to see at night
Change the sub from 4ohm to 2 ohm (not adding an amp as of yet, could use a little more umph)

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
lookin good so far. how are the shorty's working for you? notice any difference in performance or gas mileage?

OP
OP
Mudfrog

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lookin good so far. how are the shorty's working for you? notice any difference in performance or gas mileage?

I can't really comment on fuel mileage as my transmission had been so out of whack my mpg dropped to around 12.

I'm sure I picked up a few HP but the biggest thing I noticed was the exhaust tone. My dad set his 03 Avalanche 5.3 up just like mine, minus the headers. Both are using the same converters and same Max Flow 5" x 11" x 22" muffler. My exhaust is noticeably louder and throatier sounding.

OP
OP
Mudfrog

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to the guy rebuilding my transmission yesterday. He said the bands were very worn, sun shell was broken and the oil pump was shot. He said he's using upgraded heavy duty parts and he's throwing a shift kit and Corvette servo in as well. Hopefully I'll have her back next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia