My New Look: A complete exterior makeover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome man. I really like the way your baby came out. Makes me want to dress the wife's up. :beer:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lowering is definitely in the cards something like you have, but the roof rack delete just does not look right on these body styles. I've seem some tahoe's that can pull it off never a suburban though, But you are right that truck is damn near identical!

I don't have a roof rack on my Burb and the one in the pic I posted doesn't have it either and I will never put mine back on. But hey everyone has different tastes.

I'm just getting tired of the Esky racks. Lamborghinis don't come with "Lamborghini" doors any more. Pretty soon the Escalades won't come with those racks anymore.

But I appreciate the work you've put into the truck. Keep the NBS burbs on the road!

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
It looks really good. Id put a different bumper on it all together. Look at airbagit.com that's who made mine. I haven't seen another one like mine around. I'd do the painted to match grill and then do like a T-Rex vertical billet grill in Chrome. With the wheels you have I would not go lower the a 2"/3" drop tho. I think you Burb looks great tho. Oh you could do the full HD grill and Bumper!

OP
OP
SC88

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome man. I really like the way your baby came out. Makes me want to dress the wife's up. :beer:

Thanks man! It always feels good to add a personal touch to something... so I say doo iiit.

I don't have a roof rack on my Burb and the one in the pic I posted doesn't have it either and I will never put mine back on. But hey everyone has different tastes.

I'm just getting tired of the Esky racks. Lamborghinis don't come with "Lamborghini" doors any more. Pretty soon the Escalades won't come with those racks anymore.

But I appreciate the work you've put into the truck. Keep the NBS burbs on the road!

I can understand where you are coming from but something about the burbans without the rack seems odd to me, Hell I look at my brothers tbss sometimes and "I'm like whats wrong with your roof!" I am going to take a good picture and try to photoshop mine off and see how it looks. The Esky racks look smooth and seem to flow well, I think I have decided if I get one I will have it painted all gloss black and I will most likely keep my factory boards as well... Good Esky boards for a ESV are hard to come by.

It looks really good. Id put a different bumper on it all together. Look at airbagit.com that's who made mine. I haven't seen another one like mine around. I'd do the painted to match grill and then do like a T-Rex vertical billet grill in Chrome. With the wheels you have I would not go lower the a 2"/3" drop tho. I think you Burb looks great tho. Oh you could do the full HD grill and Bumper!

What the hell is a T-rex grille lol? I've been searching on the site for pictures of grille's and haven't had much luck with them so its been a after thought about changing it out until I really find something I like. When I do the drop (2-4) I might go down in size to 24s and sell the 26s they will be a bit unnecessary lowered and if I really put my big plan into motion of a 400+ CI stroker and FI I surely won't be needed those big ass rims.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

I added some clear corners monday they are starting to grow on me at first I didn't think I would like the look.

DSCN0814.jpg

Fire730- looking at this picture it might not look to bad to ditch the rack, I am going to edit it and see how it comes out.

IMG_0592.jpg

Last edited:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! It always feels good to add a personal touch to something... so I say doo iiit.

I can understand where you are coming from but something about the burbans without the rack seems odd to me, Hell I look at my brothers tbss sometimes and "I'm like whats wrong with your roof!" I am going to take a good picture and try to photoshop mine off and see how it looks. The Esky racks look smooth and seem to flow well, I think I have decided if I get one I will have it painted all gloss black and I will most likely keep my factory boards as well... Good Esky boards for a ESV are hard to come
---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

[/COLOR]I added some clear corners monday they are starting to grow on me at first I didn't think I would like the look.

Fire730- looking at this picture it might not look to bad to ditch the rack, I am going to edit it and see how it comes out.

IMG_0592.jpg

It looks good with the clear corners. I think an HD grill and bumper would look good as someone else posted. But you did just get your bumper painted though.

I had a black Burb at work today with the rack off I I think it looks so clean but I'm not tring to sway you away from your original idea. :nolol:

OP
OP
SC88

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job man kept it killer but classy

Thanks bro!

It looks good with the clear corners. I think an HD grill and bumper would look good as someone else posted. But you did just get your bumper painted though.

I had a black Burb at work today with the rack off I I think it looks so clean but I'm not tring to sway you away from your original idea. :nolol:

Yeah I did have the bumper pad painted. I actually like the HD bumper and grille but I thought it might make it too much "Truck" while I was trying to maintain a luxury/sporty look. But I tell you what If something happens to the front of the truck where it will need a new bumper I might do that swap!

I don't mind opinions they help ideas so keep them coming. I never looked into deleting the rack until you mentioned it and it might not turn out to bad on my truck but I am still 80/20 in favor of keeping it :) was 100% a few days ago though lol.

If you would of told me 6 months ago that I would have painted/chrome door handles, black trim removed & clear corners I would of told you that your crazy! None of it was my plans for the truck back in January but with the help and convincing of friends & this site... I am loving the new look!

Last edited:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you would of told me 6 months ago that I would have painted/chrome door handles, black trim removed & clear corners I would of told you that your crazy! None of it was my plans for the truck back in January but with the help and convincing of friends & this site... I am loving the new look!

Well it's come a long way and it looks killer!

Now change your sig pic!!! :lol2:

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Look @ stylingtrucks.com for pic's of the grill. Why don't you take the rack off for let's say three days. That way you give it a fair chance. It is easy as hell to remove and re- install . You I think 24's or 22's would look better. It will ride better and perform better too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruffnready