My Lowering Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iCalvin

Reaction score
How much different is the Blistein HD strut shock in the front from the "premium" ride shocks that came with my Avalanche? I have sways on my hauling truck and it made the truck ride "bumpier" its a coil over shock and leaf spring suspension so I don't know how much difference it will make on a strut and 5-link type suspension. I have the OEM sways front and rear, pretty sure all the GMT900 do though, how much of a difference do you notice? I drive through alot of sad excuses for roads and curves daily.

I feel like I want to add a bit on my "lowering" experience.My truck is lowered 2/4 with Belltech spindles in the front, DJM springs and hardware in the rear along with Ridetech's Coilover shock in which I run as a standalone unit. Truck sits at 33"ish and it rides smooth as butter, same if not better than stock height, I go through various different terains and roads with the truck also, due to where I live. Most people around here just swap in springs though, which is probably why I think my truck rides so good. I also live basically half an hour away from McGuaghy's and Belltech (Fresno) so it's typical to see people around here repping them but I got a good hookup on the DJM and Ridetech shocks so I run them. I honestly love Ridetech, their shocks alone were a work of art.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
What are your measurements Ian?

Ill have to take measurements for the rear again but here are measurements just after finishing the Install and when i had 3 in the rear. Ill have to measure it again now that is been some time

front
picture.jpg

Rear
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what size tires? i wish gm kept the same springs in on all the trucks since some sit lower than others.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Calvin......... in the rear DJM Springs and the Ride-Tech shocks? Right?

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
So Calvin......... in the rear DJM Springs and the Ride-Tech shocks? Right?

I was confused too.
It sounds like he has coil overs and djm springs all in the back...

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Ill have to take measurements for the rear again but here are measurements just after finishing the Install and when i had 3 in the rear. Ill have to measure it again now that is been some time

front
picture.jpg

Rear
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Thats weird that you sat completely level with a 2/3

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
It was a visual thing for me. I think that the rear fender sits a little lower than the front so to me it looked like it sagged. Using a 2 in the rear gave it a slighter taller appearance and more level look to me.

Took measurements. Front sit at 33 and 1/4 inches from fender to ground and rear 33 3/4 from fender to ground

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660