My install - Pioneer DD & Headrest & iPad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you had any issues with your headrest monitors?

None. They have worked flawless. Either watching a DVD from the built in player or getting the signal from my head unit.

The only wish/concern is the headrest are placed for back. Meaning, if me, the driver, tries to rest my head back on the headrest, it feels too far back. Other than that, it's great!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a couple of quick questions for you....

1. Is the Pioneer CD-IU201V iPod Interface Cable what allows you to view the DVDs on the head unit screen from the iPad?
2. Does your set up allow you to view the DVDs on the head unit?
3. How hard was it to route that cable inside the center console? That's a very clean setup!

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a couple of quick questions for you....

1. Is the Pioneer CD-IU201V iPod Interface Cable what allows you to view the DVDs on the head unit screen from the iPad?

Yes. It's the cable going from the iPod (iPad) to the head unit

2. Does your set up allow you to view the DVDs on the head unit?

I can play DVDs from the head unit itself on the front screens and/or the rear screens. The rear screens also have a built in DVD player so they can watch something different in the back than we are in the front.

3. How hard was it to route that cable inside the center console? That's a very clean setup!

Very easy... for me. I've done stereo work for 15+ years...

Sinister1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How long did the install take and how difficult was installing/wiring the headrest monitors? Would love to do something similar to keep my daughter entertained. I like the headrest / ipad combo idea, as I have several movies in my itunes as well.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long did the install take and how difficult was installing/wiring the headrest monitors? Would love to do something similar to keep my daughter entertained. I like the headrest / ipad combo idea, as I have several movies in my itunes as well.

Well, I'm (was) a professional installer. But I would imagine it taking 3-4 hours from absolute start to finish for someone with little to no experience. However, if you don't feel comfortable doing it, please let a professional. You could easily brake $1000 in parts doing this, as well as burn the truck down....

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be tackling this job so hopefully I don't burn that mother effer down...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too. Hopefully the guy helping me knows what he's doing :eek:

:D