my hoe is sick mayne real sick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your oil!!! Also my car did that same sort of noise one time and I thought it was a rod or something and it ended up being the pipe on the EGR valve was broken... so check out your egr too...

OP
OP
texaschevyryder

texaschevyryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC there is only one belt on your engine. You'll need to relase the tension of the belt tensioner to give the belt enough slack to pull it off .

I wanna say a 3/8in ratchet end will work in the hole. If not, youll need to use a 1/2in ratchet to release the tension.

Also, have you checked your oil level?

oil level seems to be fine i checked this morning have not driven it does anyoen have any visual aids so i can better know what im doin i can do it jus wanna make sho im doin the right thing

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

check your oil!!! Also my car did that same sort of noise one time and I thought it was a rod or something and it ended up being the pipe on the EGR valve was broken... so check out your egr too...

i checked oil seems fine i hope it is the egr speaking of what is the egr and where is it located

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
No visual aid. But your tensioner is under your alternator.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

I hate to type it, but I think your engine gave up the ghost.

OP
OP
texaschevyryder

texaschevyryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No visual aid. But your tensioner is under your alternator.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

I hate to type it, but I think your engine gave up the ghost.

ok i will take pics and confirm by finger pointing

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

well let us hope that it has not if so im not buying another car gonna give my hoe a new engine

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think your motor may be done too...... hope not but it may be....... If so deffff do the 383 swap... I know you can find some good deals down in texas.... where are you from there?

Sepiroth..... did you see my intake... I think I got it from the same people as you it came in the same box as yours......... Check out my pics..... That filter is HUGE!!! Huh

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Hi-jack

Sepiroth..... did you see my intake... I think I got it from the same people as you it came in the same box as yours......... Check out my pics..... That filter is HUGE!!! Huh

I cant find your thread on it. lol. Yea the filter is huge! How are you enjoying it?

Did you too find the instructions a bit less than desired?

I havent had a chance to fill up. I'm at half tank so maybe tomorrow, I top off again and check MPG's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcruz71