My hoe dont blow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

val620

Reaction score
Ever since i got my tahoe i never use my heater or A/C but lately its been hot and im starting to use it but my fan is really weak.Even with it set to high it feels like its on low.I dont thinck this is how its supposed to be.Does any one know if the 98 tahoes have a cabin filter, maybe mine is clogged? Or if anyone has had this problem before what did you do to fix it? Thanks

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive read several posts on here where the HVAC control unit is actually shorted or faulty and either doesnt work at all or is stuck on one setting no matter where you set it. Personally on my 1996 hoe the HVAC unit is messed up to where all the speeds work, but none of them line up with the setting that they are supposed to be and the settings change almost everytime I use it. But it works alright so I havent messed with it. Just my .02

Rebelution

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem earlier this summer. No cabin filter on these trucks but your evaporator coil might be clogged up. Pull out the blower motor and reach up inside there and see if the coil is clogged with leaves and hair and shit. If so, clean it out real good and you'll be back in business.

vanilla_gorilla312

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it an OEM blower or aftermarket blower. Ive had two different aftermarket blowers with no improvement. Had a friend who had the same problem until he went with the OEM unit and it was night and day difference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesertGator

Latest posts