MPFI Opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schiavonske1013

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have to pull the intake to change the lower intake manifold gaskets that are leaking. I took a peak down my throttle body the other day and noticed my fuel spider is the original CSFI unit. Is it worth spending the money on a new one? Money is pretty tight as it is. I have no issues that I can see, no DTC, no acceleration/hesitation, no fuel smell, short term and long term fuel trims look ok. Truck is at 187k miles.

If so where is the cheapest place to get one? Amazon has the AC Delco for 312.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yes you should. gm only extended the warranty on the original design up 100,000 miles. delphi or delco will do. make sure you use Fel-Pro MS98000T Manifold Gasket Set. it comes with just one valve cover gasket so order a separate one if you need both. also Fel-Pro ES72224 Engine Intake Manifold Bolt Set and clean and tap the holes in the block before installing. if you do it well it will treat very well.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

highly recommend you have a machine shop clean your manifold too.

OP
OP
S

schiavonske1013

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I figured as much, just wanted someone to confirm my thoughts on spending the money now rather than get screwed later.

Sunlit what exactly would a machine shop do to clean the manifold and why would I need it done? I'm not doubting it's a good idea, just making sure I know what I'm gonna do when the time comes.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the pcv and egr system ends up getting a lot of crud built up om the manifold including places where a hand cannot get to to clean up. it not so bad except when your engine is not well maintained. then it get really nasty. the shop can dip it in a cleaning solution all at once and even slightly blast it and repaint it to look good and clean again. just be careful about the coolant hose fitting adapter on it. they can get corroded and cause thread damage in the aluminum piece when replaced.

SANY0313.jpg

IMAG0087_zps5ddf8b78.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401