MM H1 7.0 Retro, Blacked out headlight housing on Pewter metallic XL Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AltxF4

Reaction score
I am in the process of doing a retrofit on my 03 XL Denali using the MoriMoto H1 7.0 projectors. I picked up a pair of TYC projector headlights on ebay for $85 (my OE units are old and crusty). When testing beam patterns, I get some bad reflection off the chrome of the bowl where the projector peeks through. To fix this I was initially thinking of just painting the bowl area a matt/semigloss black, but then i was thinking of painting the rest of the housing except the high beam reflector bowl. I can't really find any examples (maybe there is a reason) of any Pewter Metallic vehicles with bloackout headlights.
What say the hive? yes/no?

OP
OP
AltxF4

AltxF4

Reaction score
I started masking off the High beam reflector and going at the rest of the housing witch scotch bright pads. I saw Rocket Man's build, and it looked good! I will eventually delete the chrome in the grill and headlight surround. Color match the headlight and grill surround, and Black for the grill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10