Manually moving a power drivers seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gyrene84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found a Tahoe at the local Pick-N-Pull that has a center jump seat I want to put in my Tahoe.

The problem is, the power driver seat is all the way back blocking the seat bolts I need to remove to take out the center seat.

Is there a way to manually move the seat without power (as there is no battery and no ignition in the vehicle)?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most yards wont let you bring in a battery, but they allow cordless tools, so bring a 12 volt drill with a set of jumpers wires off the battery, then you need to pull the power seat plug and poke the pins till you get he seat to move.

unless you find the wire diagram, then you'll know what wires need power.

OP
OP
G

Gyrene84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
most yards wont let you bring in a battery, but they allow cordless tools, so bring a 12 volt drill with a set of jumpers wires off the battery, then you need to pull the power seat plug and poke the pins till you get he seat to move.

unless you find the wire diagram, then you'll know what wires need power.

Went back with a battery the next day and someone had taken the seat control... :-(
So I took a grinder to the seat rail and got it out the hard way.

Thanks for the input though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645