Manual Liftgate Release Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I know there are a lot of postings for the power liftgate switches going bad. But my searches haven't come up with the correct part number for my MANUAL Liftgate Release switch that's in the exterior liftgate handle.

I haven't been able to unlock/open the liftgate for a while now and can't seem to find the right part number for the switch. I had to drill a small hole in the interior trim to access the release lever on the lock itself to be able to open the liftgate and remove the trim panel.

alldatadiy says the part number is 25845572, but when I search for that all I get is the interior switch in the overhead center console for the power liftgate. I just need the switch that's in the exterior handle for the manual liftgate.

Anyone? Much appreciated!!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're having that long of an issue, got o the dealer. Most will give you the part number and price. Then order online or check your phone internet to compare prices.

OP
OP
Hurlz07Tahoe

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I finally just answered my own question. Part Number 151006857 / ACDELCO D1499F should do it for me.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I know there are a lot of postings for the power liftgate switches going bad. But my searches haven't come up with the correct part number for my MANUAL Liftgate Release switch that's in the exterior liftgate handle.

I haven't been able to unlock/open the liftgate for a while now and can't seem to find the right part number for the switch. I had to drill a small hole in the interior trim to access the release lever on the lock itself to be able to open the liftgate and remove the trim panel.

alldatadiy says the part number is 25845572, but when I search for that all I get is the interior switch in the overhead center console for the power liftgate. I just need the switch that's in the exterior handle for the manual liftgate.

Anyone? Much appreciated!!

How did you activate the release lever? I am having trouble doing this.

Thanks!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got the lever to work. Also didn't notice this was in the 2015+ section. Did a google search for 2007 Tahoe lift gate manual release and I assumed it pointed to the correct section. Oh well.

OP
OP
Hurlz07Tahoe

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is in the 07-14 section.

I had to drill a hole in the interior plastic lining with my lift gate closed. Then I found the release lever next to the switch/latch. Just lift up with a strong finger or a flat edge and the door should unlatch.

I replaced the switch I mentioned above (something like $20) and now it works great. The whole inside of the rear exterior handle was caked in mud. It must have shorted out the contacts in the push button switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts