Magnetic ride shock replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick review of front shocks described at the link provided these shocks WILL NOT work for your 2016 Yukon Denali.

You DO NOT have the Z55 suspension set-up on your 2016 Yukon Denali. You have the Z95 Magnetic Ride Control Suspension, which it clearly states these will not work for.

OP
OP
DennisT

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick review of front shocks described at the link provided these shocks WILL NOT work for your 2016 Yukon Denali.

You DO NOT have the Z55 suspension set-up on your 2016 Yukon Denali. You have the Z95 Magnetic Ride Control Suspension, which it clearly states these will not work for.

Thanks for the reply. I was not aware that I have the Z95 suspension. I just checked the RPO codes and you are correct.

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone just posted about Arnott SK3354 and AS3066 at Rockauto for $1300 and it tricks the computer. Not sure if that will work for you or not.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
More folks will chime in, as I believe this conversion is not an uncommon practice. My 07 was converted away from the active suspension, though a different active suspension than yours, but it was done before I purchased it.

Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone just posted about Arnott SK3354 and AS3066 at Rockauto for $1300 and it tricks the computer. Not sure if that will work for you or not.

^^^^this

I just got the rear air shocks in for my wifes denali. They work like stock as far as the air assist goes, but it gets rid of the magnetic ride control. It has a built in sensor that prevents the fault code from popping up on the dash.

For the fronts I went with fox struts and put in the xineering sims to prevent the fault code. Main reason was to level the front. But, it sounds like the arnott front units work well too.

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score

I have the Z95 suspension on my Denali and did the Arnott replacements. Way better than stock and air leveling still works. I recommend it even if the Maganride hasn't gone bad yet.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Z95 suspension on my Denali and did the Arnott replacements. Way better than stock and air leveling still works. I recommend it even if the Maganride hasn't gone bad yet.

What year is your Denali?
Short wheel base or the XL?

I have not replaced my rear shocks yet, but I'm sure they'll be coming up soon as I'm at about 98K miles.

On RockAuto the Arnott AS3066 replacement for the rears are $242.79/ea. Compared to the ACDelco #84176675 OEM Magnetic Ride Control are $313.79/ea. I'll be honest; I'm not sure if saving <23% ($142 when replacing both rear shocks) for 2 shocks would be enough to swing me away from going OEM.

That being said; I feel like that is a different question if they do in-fact offer a better ride and/or better performance. I'm interested in hearing more about how/why you feel they're better?

OP
OP
DennisT

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve decided to go with OEM GM replacements. They’re going on today. I’ll let you know if it improves the ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n