Mag Chloride killing my Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timgco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
...new to this forum.

I have an 07 Lt3 with Truxx 2.5 front/1.5 rear leveling kit, volant intake, 33" bfg at's on 17 x 9 XD Hoss wheels. along with other mods. ...it never ends. :Big Laugh:

So, anything chrome on my truck (including the tahoe badges and front grille) have been ruined by the mag chloride that CO puts on the roads here in the winter. The front grille looks the worst.

My solution on the the badges is just to pull them/ along with the bowties and paint/plastic dip.

The dealer will not warranty even though they admited the mag cloride is a known issue no matter what way you use or how clean you ceap your truck. :boxed:

So the grille is the first project. First, I cannot figure out how to remove the grille without taking that whole bumper cover off. Anyone?
If it can be done without the removal of the while bumper cover, I may jsut repaint the chrome parts.

If not, and I have to remove the entire bumper cover, I think I am going to go with an RBP grille in black and put black rivets/ black star on the grille.

Has anyone on the forum installed an RBP grille or No fear grille yet?
Both are cut out styles.

http://www.rollingbigpower.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=25_65&products_id=83

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blk-...c0.m245&_trkparms=65:12|39:1|72:1205|240:1318

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I actually like the RBP/No fear grilles!
Sucks this happened to you, I'd say debadge the chrome emblems and any other chrome on the truck, also invest in the grilles you mentioned, they're tuff as hell (get black colored one)

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
I like the RBP one, I am actually thinking of getting one for my Silverado.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeguy