Ltz headlights flicker in LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bxbound7595

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With the overload of information that you provided in your first post, you may be flooded with helpful hints.
Ok I️ installed ltz headlights on my 2015 suburban LT and for some reason I’ve noticed that when the battery gauge goes over 14 they start to flicker

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the flicker is probably a ground issue, get a meter and test each side for the ground wire and run a wire ground directly to the frame (one for each side), (don't cut any factory wires-just patch in a ground) be careful GM likes to play roulette with wires one side wire color may be a ground and the other side ground may be a different color. it wont hurt anything to do this and you will know right away if that is the issue for sure or not. there is almost always a spot near the headlights to attach a ground you shouldn't have to drill or anything, just use the same meter to verify it is a good ground location and not plastic or aluminum.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the flicker is probably a ground issue, get a meter and test each side for the ground wire and run a wire ground directly to the frame (one for each side), (don't cut any factory wires-just patch in a ground) be careful GM likes to play roulette with wires one side wire color may be a ground and the other side ground may be a different color. it wont hurt anything to do this and you will know right away if that is the issue for sure or not. there is almost always a spot near the headlights to attach a ground you shouldn't have to drill or anything, just use the same meter to verify it is a good ground location and not plastic or aluminum.
Grnds were and usually still are black. One thing gm kept consistent for yrs and diff blues for front turn and yellowish greenish for rears but this all may have changed.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grnds were and usually still are black. One thing gm kept consistent for yrs and diff blues for front turn and yellowish greenish for rears but this all may have changed.
on my 2000 it was anyones guess unless you had a diagram in front of you, lol, I just figure it's better safe then sorry :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645