lowered a friends 05 yukon at work today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
I have a Belltech 2/4 drop as well, but I am thinking about raising the rear an inch. Would I just need shorter shock extenders?

Sorry for thread jacking, truck looks good! Minus trim as others have said.

sparks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boss i would say yes you should use a shorter extender, but in reality you could probably get away with the normal one you are using now. im speaking just from general knowledge, i dont have direct experience.

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
boss i would say yes you should use a shorter extender, but in reality you could probably get away with the normal one you are using now. im speaking just from general knowledge, i dont have direct experience.

I figured, I just wanted to make sure. I can't remember if the kit changed the springs out to shorter springs or not, I don't want my springs falling out because of the extra space when raising it.

OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
The kit my friend bought was a 2/3 or a 2/4 kit. The springs came a 1" spacer you could put under the springs to minimize it. He left them out so that it was a 4" drop. They came with only one style of shock extender for either amount of drop. So to answer your question I don't think you need different shock extenders, you will just need the 1" spacers to raise it an inch

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
The kit my friend bought was a 2/3 or a 2/4 kit. The springs came a 1" spacer you could put under the springs to minimize it. He left them out so that it was a 4" drop. They came with only one style of shock extender for either amount of drop. So to answer your question I don't think you need different shock extenders, you will just need the 1" spacers to raise it an inch

So the same shock extenders I have installed now will work with the 1" raised spring spacer? I feel like that will put more "pull" on the shocks.

godoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Belltech 2/4 drop as well, but I am thinking about raising the rear an inch. Would I just need shorter shock extenders?

Sorry for thread jacking, truck looks good! Minus trim as others have said.

You just need a 1" spacer and you'll be fine!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just need a 1" spacer and you'll be fine!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

x2. The shocks won't raise your truck the spring is what determines the height. The shocks have plenty of travel for a 1" up or down.

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
x2. The shocks won't raise your truck the spring is what determines the height. The shocks have plenty of travel for a 1" up or down.

I just got my 1" spacers installed literally an hour ago. Couldn't be happier! Thanks guys! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable