Low RPM squeal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Lowak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just completed an cam upgrade/DOD delete on my 2007 Tahoe. It has 136,000mi when I started the project and 150 since getting it tuned and putting some miles on it. The cam is a TSP 212/218 .550 lift with new springs and lifters and hardened pushrods. A new oil pump, pickup tube, knock sensors, oil pressure sensor/filter, water pump, trans filter etc. etc. Now to my problem. 2 days ago I started to hear a bearing squeal, at first I thought it was a belt tensioner or idler pulley. The squeal sounds identical to that sound. It only starts to squeal after fully warmed up and driven for awhile and at a specific rpm range (1200) I hear it on deceleration until the engine rpm drops below 1200 and in park when revving the engine to 1200ish rpm. I checked the various pulleys by spraying them with WD40 and got no joy, still squealing. I got under the truck and it seems to be coming from the bell housing/torque converter area. So does anyone have/had any experience with this. Front trans pump, bearing, torque converter? Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts