Looking to change from AWD to selectable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a AWD 2004 Denali XL. I am wanting to change out the T case for a selectable one. I am looking to get alittle better gas milage out of it. If I could run it in 2wd during the summer and non crappy weather would be great. Anyone done this swap before?
I am looking a going boneyard shopping. Out of what vehicle should I find a T-case out of? What would I need to grab out of the doner? Did GMC provide the wiring for a selectable T case?

Thanks

Tim

Yukon04

Reaction score
I did this simple swap I picked up a manual trans case so I have to reach under for now and change it but its no big deal I also used the drive shaft that came with it.

Front Street

Reaction score
I did this simple swap I picked up a manual trans case so I have to reach under for now and change it but its no big deal I also used the drive shaft that came with it.

I'm also interested in making the change. What Manual Trans Case did you buy? Was it from a Tahoe? Same year? Another GMC, Chevy? I have the same year Denali as you, did it improve gas mileage?

bigbird189

Reaction score
I would be very interested too in this topic. I would prefer the electric switch. I freakin hate the AWD!! Any info or links to anyone who has done this? Mine is a 2005 GMC Denali XL. I will be on the look out for a wrecked yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879