Looking for some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indigent

Reaction score
I'm hoping that you guys can give me some insight.

The 2015 year model is a bit foreign to me, I have an 03 and an 09. I do however have a '15 PPV that I'm issued at work.

Earlier after dropping a guy off at the jail, I started the truck and my infotainment screen and the controls below it did not come one. They were completely dark.

I made it back to the office and turned the truck off again and let it sit a bit and restarted it and still nothing.

I"m guessing this is a problem that needs to be addressed at the dealer or can I pull the battery wires and cut all power to get a fix?

I was a bit hesitant to pull the power while I was at work since my Rocket box (basically a mobile cell/wifi/gps repeater) is tied into the power and I didn't want to loose its functionality with half my shift left.

Here's a pic as well.

IMG_0570.JPG

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... that's very interesting. You could dry pulling the negative terminal from the battery, hit the brake pedal to drain any electricity in the system and let it sit for 10 minutes. If the computer is gummed up, this will reset it.

Before doing that, though, I'd check the fuse for the radio and make sure it didn't blow. Considering your screen and controls are dark, this could be the issue. The fuse is located in slot 29 on the passenger side dash fuse block. Below is a picture of the driver side. Grab the lower portion of the panel with your fingers and pull outwards. If you have one, use a trim tool to pop the remaining upper clips. You should be able to pop the upper clips by prying with your fingers, but it's a bit more difficult. Note the two plastic hinge clips towards the forward part of the panel. Once you've popped the clips, pull the panel towards you - not straight out.

I use to run Fire/Rescue and our rigs could be electrical nightmares. Good luck!

IMG_2439.JPG

IMG_2440.JPG

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PPV models are different they have an auxillary battery with a computer controlled isolator that runs all that equipment
so disconnecting the starting battery would have no affect on it

OP
OP
I

indigent

Reaction score
True disconnecting the start battery had no effect on it. However disconnecting them both and letting it sit for about 20 min solved the issue.

Talked to a guy who had the same issue with his and what he was told by his service guy was that the computer detected something it didn't like and shut it down.

Between what Chevy put in here and all the other extra stuff it's a nightmare.

I'm just glad to have it working.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how does the new PPV compare with the previous ones?

I've done lots of miles in 2wd 10-14's, we have a 15 4wd coming in the next week or two, rumor has it the new engine is substantially better.

OP
OP
I

indigent

Reaction score
how does the new PPV compare with the previous ones?

I've done lots of miles in 2wd 10-14's, we have a 15 4wd coming in the next week or two, rumor has it the new engine is substantially better.

I can't say the true differences between the 10-14 and the 15's. I left a CVPI for my '15 and its like night and day. The CVPI was slow and sluggish off the line but the '15 seems to just go. I like the fact that I sit up higher and get a better view. It rides smooth at high speeds (100+) and its insanely quiet.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked tahoes over the crown vics most of the time....when i felt like doing enforcement ususally a charger or caprice, the taurus is just too small

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts