Look at these 2 two doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was in the Navy during Vietnam. We were in a yard period at Hunter's Point for 6 months once and I went all over SF. I loved to eat at Tarantino's. I am a pasta fan and loved their spaghetti with their sauce and and shrimp meat in it with mushrooms. Sourdough bread and an ice cold beer was heaven to me. Died and went to heaven every time I ate there. I would not go there now with all the homeless crapping everywhere and the needles everywhere. That place is a cesspool now.

GMW468

Reaction score
When I got out of the military in 95, I went to a Chevy dealership looking for a new truck. I remember seeing 2 of these 2 door Tahoe's on the dealer's lot. I really liked them and seriously considered buying one. But I also wanted a pick up too. Fortunately they had a leftover 94 Silverado with an extended cab, 4WD, tow package, and a 3:73 limited slip rear which was high on my list of priorities. Since it was a leftover, I got a killer deal and I passed on the 2 door Tahoe.

Even though I still own my pick up and it was a fantastic truck, there are times when I wish I had grabbed a 2 door Tahoe instead.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got out of the military in 95, I went to a Chevy dealership looking for a new truck. I remember seeing 2 of these 2 door Tahoe's on the dealer's lot. I really liked them and seriously considered buying one. But I also wanted a pick up too. Fortunately they had a leftover 94 Silverado with an extended cab, 4WD, tow package, and a 3:73 limited slip rear which was high on my list of priorities. Since it was a leftover, I got a killer deal and I passed on the 2 door Tahoe.

Even though I still own my pick up and it was a fantastic truck, there are times when I wish I had grabbed a 2 door Tahoe instead.
I had almost the same truck - a 93 Z71 - those TBI trucks are some of the best trucks GM ever built, heavy steel frames that really absorbed road harshness.

GMW468

Reaction score
I had almost the same truck - a 93 Z71 - those TBI trucks are some of the best trucks GM ever built, heavy steel frames that really absorbed road harshness.

Believe it or not I still have it. I only live about 10 miles from my job and it was so dead nuts reliable that I never really saw a reason to replace it. It now has 203,000 miles and my kids use it to drive to school and work. They LOVE it.

The funny thing is that I have a 6.0 LS motor sitting on a pallet in my shed. Once my kids are done with the truck and are off to college, I'm going to redo my pick up and swap it to LS.

Ben Gatewood

Reaction score
Those are both beautiful two doors. Coming from first hand experience these are incredibly nimble with an amazing turning radius and awesome braking... I've made a few ridiculous emergency stops. This along with a crazy off-the-line start...very responsive first gear.

It's got a design made for street and off-road performance.

They really need to re-boot it like the Ford Bronco next year.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Those are both beautiful two doors. Coming from first hand experience these are incredibly nimble with an amazing turning radius and awesome braking... I've made a few ridiculous emergency stops. This along with a crazy off-the-line start...very responsive first gear.

It's got a design made for street and off-road performance.

They really need to re-boot it like the Ford Bronco next year.

That is a great idea.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not I still have it. I only live about 10 miles from my job and it was so dead nuts reliable that I never really saw a reason to replace it. It now has 203,000 miles and my kids use it to drive to school and work. They LOVE it.

The funny thing is that I have a 6.0 LS motor sitting on a pallet in my shed. Once my kids are done with the truck and are off to college, I'm going to redo my pick up and swap it to LS.
I had the same experience with mine - it was drop dead reliable - always ran good and problems were simple fixes. Yours may never wear out!

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I had a same body style 90 1/2 ton that I bought new and loved but that truck had a squeak on the passenger side under dash area or at the firewall that came on at about 12k miles and I searched and searched for and could not ever find and neither could the dealer. I got rid of it and bought a newer used truck that was rock solid, Chevy of course.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a same body style 90 1/2 ton that I bought new and loved but that truck had a squeak on the passenger side under dash area or at the firewall that came on at about 12k miles and I searched and searched for and could not ever find and neither could the dealer. I got rid of it and bought a newer used truck that was rock solid, Chevy of course.

Heat shield over the bellhousing. The edge lightly scrapes the cab floor once the body bushings settle a fraction of a millimeter. Makes the squeak sound like it's in the dash, behind the gauges or radio. Takes 15 seconds to fix, 10 of those are sliding under the truck. Some S-series trucks had the same problem.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Heat shield over the bellhousing. The edge lightly scrapes the cab floor once the body bushings settle a fraction of a millimeter. Makes the squeak sound like it's in the dash, behind the gauges or radio. Takes 15 seconds to fix, 10 of those are sliding under the truck. Some S-series trucks had the same problem.

I wish I would have known that and I hoped that the techs at the dealer could have found that, but no we could not. The thing is though, I had someone drive the truck and I was on passenger side and the noise was all the way over there by the side, not behind gauges or radio. Water under the bridge now. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n