Long road trip - take the 'burban or a sedan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am from north of TO and do many trips to Mich.Indiana and NY. I spend anywhere from 4 to 9 hrs driving,i find the seats in my 2015 LS very comfortable.The center consul i find is a little on the tall side.6'3" 220 lbs.I really enjoy driving the 2015 over my old 2000 LT.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just shy of two weeks ago I took a 6 hour trip up to mammoth ski area in central California in the Sierra Nevada mountains for a 3 day snowboarding trip. I went with a close family friend as the trip was my Christmas present from her. She drove her 2014 overland summit jeep grand Cherokee and I followed behind her with her nephew in her older 2008 grand Cherokee limited. That jeep I drove was not fun. Minus the fact that it has over 200k on the odometer with absolutely no rear shocks left, it still was not a fun drive for me. And I love road trips. I drove both ways the whole time and the seats were so awkwardly uncomfortable hat by the time we got there and back my back was so sore. Nothing like the seats in my 2006 Denali xl. And I'm used to my 6.0 when I want to pass big rigs and such. So that small block jeep had no guts whatsoever. Especially on the grades going up into the mountains. And between the two of us guys that traveled fairly light there still wasn't a ton of room for our skis and boards, and our suitcases. The trip would have been much more enjoyable in my Denali.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on, man. Not even a legit question.
The minimal $$$ you will save versus driving the real deal isn't even worth it.

About 10-15 years ago, Mercedes-Benz ran a commercial that stated, "It's not what you pay; it's what you get in return." Think about it.

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice thread! I'd take my rig any day anywhere over a car, except to that one stupid local mall with way too many parking spots then it was built for.

As for seat comfort I go back to my '92 GT with the cloth interior. Man that was some comfy shit

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gotta play with the buttons more :rolleyes:
Could be lol. I have almost 15k miles on the '16 already so not sure there's a seat configuration yet to try. To me it seems like poor seat cushioning. It may have to do with the mechanism to vibrate the seat.

BlackDenaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What did it cost in fuel in a new truck ?

It cost me around $650 for the entire trip which was just over 5000km of total driving.

I use 91 octane here in Canada, and I used 92 or 93 down in the states.

Truck was fully loaded inside as well as a 21 cubic foot hardshell roof box.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be lol. I have almost 15k miles on the '16 already so not sure there's a seat configuration yet to try. To me it seems like poor seat cushioning. It may have to do with the mechanism to vibrate the seat.
The seats are firmer than those in the Expedition EL I had before. I noticed that immediately upon the test drive. I don't feel they are worse necessary, just more firm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skimask